Ya-soo (Running Wild) Reviews

• May 23, 2013

The movie isn't too bad at the start, but towards the end, it's debatable if it can happen. And I'm not sure what they risk is even worth it! And it feels like it just drags on and on. Kind of a boring movie.

• Jan 09, 2011

cute idea, stupid direction

cute idea, stupid direction

• Luke B Super Reviewer
    May 21, 2009

Running Wild is a fairly interesting revenge movie. Interesting in the fact that two very different men attempt to work together. As one demands violent retribution, the other encourages him to seek justice in the legal system. Eventually twists are revealed which result in a bureaucratic and political nightmare. The film attacks a system that favors the rich and powerful. The real villains are able to afford enough cover to not tarnish their public persona, while the cops out for justice are constantly under threat when their methods go too far. The film also has a nice friendship that it builds up overtime. In the end though it's a bit too melodramatic, we get the point without endless shouty, speechy scenes.

• Apr 20, 2009

a violent movie with the background of the miserable lifes of the main characters...

• Mar 01, 2009

entertain thriller. seen it all before but its still done well

entertain thriller. seen it all before but its still done well

• Sep 11, 2008

Un mix des 2 Public Enemy ... Pas mauvais mais déjà fait ...

Un mix des 2 Public Enemy ... Pas mauvais mais déjà fait ...

• Jul 07, 2008

Since when did revenge opera become cookie-cutter and melodramatic? Substandard genre fare. Go rent "Oldboy" instead.

• Jul 06, 2008

2 of my favourite Korean actors! Kwon Sang-woo and Yoo Ji-tae are both awesome in this.

• Jun 25, 2008

This is a messed up movie. I didn't quite understand how the girl was part of the movie. A little long to tell this story -- guess too much 'character building'? The end ... kinda horrible how it turned out. I guess the director wanted to show irony but at the same time ... lots of violence (Korean style). Not enough polish. Can only give this 2.5 stars.

• May 13, 2008

the story is played out, but it was well directed and the acting was really good.