Yat kor ho ba ba (Run Papa Run) Reviews

• Sep 26, 2012

I think it only deserves for 3 stars. It's just a story and does not include any effects. It's between father's love to his daughter. I can't dare to say you will like. Some may like and some think it's boring. It depends. So you can decide after reading my story review. About the story, A gangster boss Mr Lang(Louis Koo) whose father died when he was born so he lived with his mom. And he went to the bad side when he was young. He never clever. But he met with the lawyer Mabel (Rene Liu) and they fell in love. Unfortunately Mabel was pragnant. For the gangster, he never think he become a father. After his daughter was born and they got married and his bad life went changed. You can see how love to his daughter even though he is a gangster.

• Jan 29, 2011

This entire film has too many genres combining in one movie. At the first hour of the film I don't know what Chang is trying to tell from a comedy, romance, muscial, thriller then drama. After the first hour the film has lots of human emotions that picked up the film.

• Mar 19, 2010

So disappointing under the label of Sylvia Chang's directorial piece: She could have done way much better than this! A very awkward, bizarre swing between serious drama & cartoon-like comedy (especially the acting at the beginning). Too trivial & fragmented in the first 2/3; the last 1/3 is better off, but overall still looks diffusing loose & hollow. The mother-son relationship is interesting though.

• Aug 05, 2009

Not bad at all still better than Hollywood. Actually everything is better than racist Hollywood movies.

• Jun 27, 2009

Rarely does Louis Koo plays a likeable character, funny and entertaining. Love the tiger tatoo.

• Apr 04, 2009

The mother/son play was pretty convincing; the plight of a father was effective; but ending was too melo.

• Mar 28, 2009

Does Sylvia know enough about the Trial to tell this story? It's a bit hard to keep me interested to follow the character of Koo Tin Lok.

• Feb 11, 2009

It was a great story at the start...then got a bit boring....but it was still a very touching and sweet story...very enjoyable

• Jan 26, 2009

sigh. the opening is nice.

sigh. the opening is nice.

• Dec 28, 2008

A gangster movie that is produced by Jackie Chan and friends which provided a family vibe. What you get is a heart warming tale of a man taking the wrong path in life while trying to balance his family life from his gangster life, it was a fun movie.