Yeh Jawaani Hai Deewani - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Yeh Jawaani Hai Deewani Reviews

½ October 18, 2016
just home entertainment
May 8, 2016
One of my favorite movies, captures the wedding theme perfectly and the theme of the movie itself is a very uplifting one.
February 28, 2015
Well made and entertaining enough, but the themes and style of this film are pretty much ten-a-rupee nowadays.
½ December 16, 2014
morel of the story: get drunk and in the long run quality is better than quantiy
November 22, 2014
The movie is split between just two small spans of time. It explores life goals, friendship and love. It's an enjoyable movie. with enough number of song-and-dance sequences to keep you on your feet. The humour is well-placed too.
November 18, 2014
WOW.....WOW.....WOW.....JUST seen this movie 4 the 1st time n think that this is such an enjoyable movie 2 watch.......its got a good cast of actors/actresses throughout this movie......I think that Kalki Koechlin, Ranbir Kapoor, Deepika Padukone, play good roles/parts throughout this movie......I think that the director of this art house/international/romance movie had done a great job of directing this movie because you never know what 2 expect throughout this movie......

The film was produced by Hiroo Yash Johar and Karan Johar under the banner of Dharma Productions. It was co-produced by Apoorva Mehta. Written by Hussain Dalal based on a story by Ayan Mukherjee. The title of the film was taken from a hit song by the same title, with music by R. D. Burman from film Jawani Diwani (1972). In December 2011, Pritam was chosen for first time to do the music for a Dharma Productions film, steering away from the usual Vishal-Shekhar and Shankar-Ehsaan-Loy, who had previous scored director Ayan Mukherjee's debut film, Wake Up Sid (2009).

Shooting locations included Hadimba Temple, Gulaba, Banjaar, Hamta, and Naggar. Some shots were taken at height of 14,000 feet above sea level and the crew shot at a temperature as low as ?10 degrees Celsius. In May 2012, the cast filmed in Udaipur, where Kapoor and Padukone also shot a romantic song. The unit then experienced a difficult shoot in Rajasthan due to the overwhelming heat. Filming also took place in August 2012 in Paris, France in Rue Mouffetard, a street market in the city. Other scenes were shot in Filmistan, Mumbai. On 26 January, the crew visited Kashmir to shoot a musical sequence and other scenes. They filmed in numerous locations such as Kongdori in Gulmarg, Pahalgam and Srinagar

man this is such an enjoyable romantic comedy movie 2 watch,.....I think that this is such a really well written/acted/directed movie 2 watch, its got a good cast throughout this movie.....I think that both Ranbir Kapoor as Kabir "Bunny" Thapar, a travel-lover who doesn't take love seriously until he falls for Naina.
Deepika Padukone as Naina Talwar, a nerdy topper who falls for Bunny, were brilliant throughout this movie as the 2 lead roles throughout this movie as the 2 love interests throughout this movie.....its got a good soundtrack throughout this this is such an enjoyable romantic movie 2 watch, I think that this is such a really well written/acted/directed movie 2 watch. I think that this is such an enjoyable romantic movie 2 watch......
½ November 1, 2014
Ranbir Kapoor .. I really like this guy
October 19, 2014
I'm happy that Yeh Jawaani Hai Deewani is on the theater in Osaka(but only two days!). The story of this film reminds me of Japanese"Trendy Dramas" in 1980s. That means the script is very corny and has nothing new. But this is a very entertaining film because Rambir and Deepika are super attractive. And Kalchi Kochelin! She is a bad dancer but has a strong presence. All of you must see this film.
½ September 17, 2014
Quite a simple plot. Predictable in some places. Won't really recommend it..
August 18, 2014
Loved it! Featuring scenes filmed in beautiful Kashmir (passing off as Manali), and later whisking us from Argentina to Paris to Nice to Udaipur! 2 hours 40 mins of quality! I've noticed a thing about Bollywood films - if it's long movie, it means more awesome stuff in it to cement my 5 star rating! Looks like Ranbir Kapoor is turning out to be one heck of a golden boy! (after me enjoying Wake Up Sid, Barfi! and now this). Kudos to the screenwriter too... Hindi dialogue conveys philosophies, wisdom and life insights in such a fresh and different way, that even though I'm only reading english subtitles on screen, the message is so pure and beautiful! One highlight scene is the one in Udaipur where Bunny and Naina lightheartedly argue about the theme of 'chasing a travel dream' vs 'relishing the joy of home'. Insightful. For Naina, it was about seeing that it was "fine to be just what you are". For Bunny, it was about learning to 'sit still'. And awww, you put me in tears when you cry, Ranbir! :D
½ August 7, 2014
Simple story but good entertainment.
July 18, 2014
a nice peppy , commercial , youngsters based film...some pretty good songs...a weak story bt good work from ranbir and dp and having madhuri on board brought the older generations too to watch the movie jst fr her one pretty item no..the other kapur-aditya roy was good in bits and pieces n kalki ws hr usual self :)
in all,a typical superhit hindi movie (Y)
March 13, 2014
Cool, fun, old school movie but entertaining with great songs !
January 29, 2014
a good movie with a bunch of jokes
December 29, 2013
Very entertaining story line with themes such as friendship and fun which are of universal appeal along with some magnificent views of the Manali mountain range.
December 29, 2013
An Emotional Roller coaster Ride Journey. Loved it soo much.
December 21, 2013
Same boring story told again. Predictable.
½ December 15, 2013
Awful film! Avoid unless you intentionally want to loose nearly three hours of your life!
½ November 30, 2013
Never Expected this from Ayan "Wake Up Sid!" Mukherjee. This one is good in parts specially performances by Farooque Sheikh, Kalki Koechilin & Aditya Roy Kapoor & BGM by Pritam. But overall it's very much cliched & feels like KJo ghost directed this movie specifically second half. Half baked attempt.
November 10, 2013
A few hours of my life I'll never get back...