The Yes Men - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Yes Men Reviews

½ March 27, 2016
Love these guys! I donated to their Kickstarter to get this going, pleased to see it on screen.
March 2, 2016
Two likeable lads take on the big corporations. Posing as representatives of the World Trade Organisation they satirise the Organisation's operations as it promotes international trade agreements that allow corporations to override a nation's policies and eventually create a greater divide between developed and developing countries.
The message is still relevant as nations are being asked again to ratify another international trade agreement that will limit a nation's legal system from protectingi its citizens from multinational companies running roughshod over their rights.
I loved the team involved in putting this whole satire/show together. Their audacity is wonderful.
What is missing however is more context/background of the activities of the WTO and the horrible outcomes of these activities. This would have led to a greater impact for the Yes Men's antics. Including footage of Michael Moore was not enough.
Kudos to Herb Alpert for financially supporting the group. I take it they were being serious about this? We didn't actually get to see Mr Alpert.
February 25, 2016
Disappointingly tame and unfunny documentary, following two well-intentioned activists as they masquerade as WTO spokesmen and mock the greed of their target audience. Problem is, their humour is too opaque, their audiences too small, their effect negligible. And where is the savagery? A wasted opportunity.
April 3, 2014
These guys are social/environmental media activists assuming the identities of corporate and beauracratic executives to point out the disconnect between globalization economic theory and plain common sense. It's hilarious and relevant to the problems we face today.
½ July 3, 2013
Their point and opinions I more than agree in. But this is one shitty film. Half of the film, we just see the guys travelling, buying clothes or cutting their hair. Not enough meat. They want to expose and critize the WTO, but instead they make fun of themselves.
½ January 5, 2013
A little slow and dry to start, but manages to pull you in by the end. Much more of a profile on two interesting guys than any kind of window into world trade policy.
December 11, 2012
Why am I just now hearing about this film? Good, but it could've been great. It needed more gags. Plus the fact that they wussed out on the Re-Burger prank in Australia kinda blows. Otherwise it was fantastic.
December 7, 2012
Would like to see at some stage.
½ November 13, 2012
Hilarious comedic documentary!
½ August 4, 2012
It started out so funny *Two guys in a french WTO meeting. getting ready to do a presentation in suits and unfold into a large golden penis...Nobody laugh or stop it. It made front page in Europe.... Most ridiculous but interesting thought...If you like this but want more serious doc. look at 'Inside Job'
May 13, 2012
It was OK, but the humor got old.
½ January 8, 2012
Very original comedy.
January 3, 2012
I really like these guys. I just felt they could have done more with their documentary.
November 25, 2011
a different edit of 'yes men save the world' with more insight into it's michael moore lite stars. they have a fun job.
½ November 19, 2011
i didn't think it was that funny
September 10, 2011
interesting documentary about the corporate world and the pretend/real business deals proposed by two men, representing the WTO...
August 3, 2011
Impressive documentary in terms of how easily the Yes Men infiltrate conferences and impersonate WTO representatives. Covers a few of their projects, but doesn't really flow to a great conclusion. Maintains interests and makes one think, but not a great documentary.
July 27, 2011
Funny documentary detailing hilarious antics in the tradition of Michael Moore's TV Nation series, mainly focusing on the WTO.