Yo-Yo Girl Cop - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Yo-Yo Girl Cop Reviews

½ November 11, 2012
Pretty bad because they take the whole thing seriously when they shouldn't be. This could have been blast.
June 20, 2012
Sounds so stupid it's FUNNY!!!
May 4, 2012
A fun action/thriller with a Japanese pop star in the lead role doing all her own stunts.
April 26, 2012
30 years after the manga Sukeban Deka began, the third live-action film is released. As shojo (female minors), I presume it's awesome. But, as a seinen (18+male), I don't identify with it much. The opening credits are awesome and the story starts out strong. Later Takeuchi's limp and the cheesy dialog/situations make for a disappointing middle. The climax and resolution are decent, in sharp contrast to the second half-hour. I was hoping for more Yo-yo and action. Instead, much of the running time is wasted on fleshing out the razor-thin plot.
February 26, 2012
The first dud I've seen from the Japanese so far. I'm really disappointed because it looked really promising. I give it two stars because of the cool costumes but that's all this flick has to offer
December 19, 2011
From the creators of "Battle Royale", I couldn't help but expect something pretty big from this movie. But even if I wasn't...this would still be a TERRIBLE film. Where the hell was the yo-yo action? Other than the really hot main actress...this movie is pretty much unwatchable. Seriously...the only reason I gave this movie a 1 star and not 0.5 is because of the main actress and the awesome title.
December 18, 2011
Cheesy and confusing but has it's moments
½ November 28, 2010
Very serious in places, it covers teenage bullying and self-harming issues between the catfights and hot yo-yo action. Teases the viewer with young Japanese stunners in school uniforms then squeezes two of the cuties into much tighter and more skimpy PVC outfits for the finale. Sexy silliness with a dark side.
November 18, 2010
Ok, so I am into these really far-out action, Japanese movies and this one caught my eye. Mainly because I thought the girl on the cover, Aya Matsuura, was damn fine. Easily she is the best thing about the movie. A talented actress and I loved her look in the movie. I thought she fit the part beautifully. The action was pretty decent, but I thought that they could have done waay more pertaining to the fighting sequences. I thought the main villain was a bit disappointing and they could have done a better job casting there, although the fight between main character Saki Asamiya and arch-enemy school girl, Reika Akiyama, was a fight worth watching. All in all a decent movie with some very cute Japanese girls.
August 11, 2010
armed with a yo yo, and her sailor outfit, our hero goes undercover at a high school, to discover reason behind a countdown clock on a internet sight, and uncovers bullying and corruption tied to events, some interesting moments, and some nifty action keep you entertained, and a enjoyable turn from the lead, like most of this type of film coming from japan, theres bad points, but its kept to a minimum
April 28, 2010
Série Z nipponne. Les souffres douleurs des bahuts n'ont plus d'humiliations à subir. L'agent Asamiya mate leurs bourreaux à coups de yo-yo !
½ April 22, 2010
Not a bad movie. It seemed a bit slow, but it was otherwise entertaining. I'm not very familiar of the Sukeban storyline though it did make me interested in seeing what the original was like. I'm not sure when I will find the time to do it, but it does have my interest.
April 21, 2010
Teen secret agent Saki Asamiya attempts to track down and stop terrorists. Her weapon of choice is a steel yo-yo. As ludicrous as this synopsis sounds? The film is very tame by Japanese standards. Yes there are some over the top action scenes. But it also deals with the real issue of bullying. This is the third film in the Sukeban Deka series. I have to admit that I knew of the others but have not watched them. But that is fine because this film easily stands alone. Although I thought the plot was good. The film really suffers from pacing problems. It tries too hard to be serious and emotional. These dull scenes between the high octane action scenes really make the film drag. I can't fault the action. The real stand out scene being when Saki goes up against the yoyo welding female baddie. And the two girls have a Yo-yo battle. Aya Matsuura is wonderful as Saki. She maybe cute and innocent looking, but she was really believable as the tough rebel teen. And given the fact that she wears a school girl outfit throughout, helped me to enjoy her performance even more.
April 6, 2010
I'm not familiar with the Sukeban Deka universe but I really enjoyed the movie. I just wish it had more Yo-yo!
January 29, 2010
Must try to watch this again, followed by the sexy version.
January 8, 2010
Matsuura Aya plays a very well performed role in this update of an old Japanese Classic
alanjayh
December 29, 2009
check your brain at the door with this flick! lead character defends herself with only a yo-yo, and the battle at the end with her nemisis is yo-yo against yo-yo!! I am not making this up. A muddled plot, weak script and shoddy direction---trust me the best part of this movie is the eye candy..the 4 main female actresses are all stunning and cute as can be.
December 17, 2009
A new update of the Sukeban Deka series which started out in the 80's starring Hello Project singer Aya Matsuura and v-u-den. A young delinquent schoolgirl is on a mission by the police to solve a crime armed with a deadly yo-yo
December 17, 2009
Fun but middling flick based on the "Sukeban Deka" (Delinquent Girl Detective) TV/manga series. A bit talky in parts, but some nice action scenes by the end. It probably have been more fun if I was more familiar w/ the source material. (For example, I didn't catch the cameos by the 80's cast until I watch the "making of" extra.)
½ December 12, 2009
Feels a bit like a cross between Suicide Club and Battle Royale II. It's got a gritty and unique style, and it's pretty damn entertaining. I wish the yo yo came in sooner, seemed like forever before she used it.