Yobi, the Five Tailed Fox (Yeu woo bi) - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Yobi, the Five Tailed Fox (Yeu woo bi) Reviews

August 14, 2009
An enjoyable film with a great main character! I must admit I was disappointed by the ending.
March 2, 2009
This really is a beautiful animation. In fact it is quite breath taking. It rivals even the best of Studio Ghibli's back work. The story is one of many imaginative and creative twists and characters. Aliens, Five tailed foxes, Shadow men etc. The visuals are astonishing in parts. CGI is used sparingly to enhance the 2D animation. It brings it to life in ways I can't remember seeing. The story itself may be typical fantasy, but their is enough truly touching romance, funny sidekicks and dark moments (the opening is essentially a horror) to make this a rare family film that should be treasured by everyone forever and ever.
½ December 11, 2008
Like a miyazaki movie but with a lot more heart I felt. This brought out the kid in me :)
November 10, 2008
A Korean fairytale, endearing and bizarre.
Of course I liked it.
May 23, 2008
So funny. I really like the sphinx song.
As good as a Miyazaki.
May 3, 2008
never seen it... looks cool
April 20, 2008
sweeeeeet xD it's was really a nice story :)
my first korean anime movie! <3 it changes from japanese langage ;)
It has almost the same magical touch as miyazaki's work. Yobi captivates us with her innocence and braveness ;')
the lil autistic girl was also sweet. You just want to hug her xD
March 23, 2008
maximal anime I consider it one of the best anime movies together with Spirited away, My Neighbour Totoro, Paprika or othes. Magical, wonderful, superb animation technique, and my daughter loves it.
February 24, 2008
Inconsistent "Love conquers all" storyline. Decent animation.
February 23, 2008
s─▒cac─▒k, hikaye guzel, cizimler guzel

gelsin kore
February 12, 2008
Such a cute story, I just smiled all the way through. Animation is a little mixed up, after all it's pretty good even if it may not look best in a couple moments. It's still a step behind japanese masterpieces, yet very enjoyable.
February 10, 2008
The animation is superb, the characters are charming and original and the story is heartfelt and touching. This movie is just as good as the best Studio Ghibli ones, so Japan beware of the Korean animation gurus!
February 6, 2008
Magical, excellent, fantastic movie for young (at heart) adults, if you like "the Spirited away", you ll love this one! Belive in magic! Don't wake me up!
January 12, 2008
good for kids to watch
November 30, 2007
About a magical 5 tailed fox that has the abilities to transform into almost anything, Yobi (fox) learns about humanity and what it means to save the soul of a special friend. This is the first Korean anime I've seen and it's not too bad, the story might be a little weak it's more like a Disney movie and unlike Japanese anime. It's not something that is up to anime geeks standards (English sub)
November 8, 2007
I liked it. Just pretty really.
October 27, 2007
This film promised too much. A Miyazaki styled kind of animation film from South Korea. The characters and even style of animation resembles the Japanese master's style (girl living in a fantasy word...) but all goes out of the window when you realize the story goes nowhere and the characters lack personality and charm. This only makes you appreciate Miyazaki's mastery in bringing real emotions out of the spectator creating believable characters and a truthful sense of wonder and fantasy in children and adults alike. This can't even be enjoyed by kids as its storyline is totally unpredictable and meaningless.