You Belong to Me - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

You Belong to Me Reviews

½ June 27, 2015
When stalking goes wrong.
Jeffrey becomes clingy to a one night stand and follows him back to his apartment. Once there, he meets the landlady who thinks he is viewing an empty apartment. On a whim and a crazy, Jeffrey decides to leave his room-mate and up sticks in an effort to woo his unrequited love. Sadly his new landlady is a whole lot psycho than he is. Da da Dahhh!
Oh I am a victim to this film's exciting trailer and premise. Who knew it would be so boring. It lays it self out to be a psychological horror, but it's just a bit to ridiculous to be scary or unnerving. Boring and ridiculous would be the words. AVOID.
November 1, 2013
No hay mucho que decir, almenos la sorpresa fue que no era lo que esperaba
½ April 22, 2013
Some how I made it to the end of this movie. Even the extremely bad acting didn't make me turn it off.
½ April 19, 2013
Decent low budget thriller.
April 22, 2011
because kidnapping your tenant to "save" him from contracting HIV is WAY more effective than giving him condoms. yeap. she didn't overreact AT. ALL.
January 17, 2011
This movie was stupid but I was bored. Ended up watching the whole thing.
½ January 31, 2010
Suspenseful indy that kept me interested through the whole thing. The ending needed just a little more closure, but otherwise it was pretty good.
½ November 25, 2009
For a low budget film it packs a wallop. Very well acted by the entire cast. Great tense atmosphere, the story develops nicely and is filled with surprises.
November 11, 2009
Not bad at all for being an indie. Had some good suspense and took me in a direction I didnt expect however while the ending does have some closure it still IMHO needs work.
February 18, 2009
My partner actually liked this film? I don't see how, because this film was a real bore fest. There were parts in this film that was shocking and that why it got a full star, instead of a 1/2. To me the acting wasn't very good at all.
½ February 12, 2009
Combine Misery, Single White Female and throw in a bit of Psycho and you are left with this gentle drama slowly which cranks up the suspense until it turns into an increasingly scary thriller. The cast is superb (Danile Sauli playing the lead is particularly watchable) maintaining the fine line between comedy and horror and playing things with slight tongue in cheek.
January 31, 2009
I was really hopeful that I would enjoy this movie but did not make it past 1/2 hour.....not realistic AT ALL and bad acting.
January 31, 2009
January 6, 2009
for some reason I thought this was going to be a love story, but it ended up being a so-so horror/thriller
November 27, 2008
Pretty good movie. I thought it was boring at first. But then it started getting interesting because of what the landlord was doing. This movie has a great story plot and the ending was pretty good too.
November 24, 2008
Jeffrey moves into the same building that his lover lives in. He soon becomes the obession of his landlady Gladys. She kidnaps him and locks him in her apartment.
September 12, 2008
Very well acted, which makes or beaks most thrillers.
May 21, 2008
Presented as part of the Inside Out Film Festival. This thriller was reminiscent of earlier films of this genre called The Tenant with hints of Roman Polanski. Not my favourite film in the festival but it was quite well acted but a tiny bit predictable. Fortunately we got a Q@A with Director Sam Zalutsky - very hot and a little disturbing - kinda like the landlady in this film. Would I recommend it? Sure, just be prepared to see a Thriller instead of a Love Story.
March 4, 2008
Another film that produced, currently out on the film festival circuit. You Belong too Me is a psychological thriller reminiscent of early Polanski.