You Don't Like the Truth: 4 Days Inside Guantanamo - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

You Don't Like the Truth: 4 Days Inside Guantanamo Reviews

May 21, 2013
Documentary showing a minor interrogated by his own government. Interesting to see how they presume guilt in interview technique despite not having gone through regular law. Similar to this is Road to Guantanamo 2006 which is more of a drama outlining a more broad history of prisoners time there.
½ October 28, 2011
Simple footage, excellent interview subjects, poignant commentary.
November 30, 2012
not particularly outstanding in terms of filmmaking technique, but immensely moving just as a documentation of the cruelty against khadr. most of the film's power came from the interrogation, which was just found footage, though the interviews the film conducted did help give the interrogation some context. it was really disturbing and it broke my heart to watch the way khadr was treated, especially given that he was a child, and that there was overwhelming evidence proving his innocence. i liked the assembly of people the film gathered to interview, especially the us officer who was in charge of torturing khard - it was heartening to see that he was wholly repentent and remorseful. he had a very objective, truthful account of america's treatment of middle easterners after 9/11, and his remorse gave us hope that maybe now things won't be as bad. the only concern i had with the film was that i didn't understand why the us government was so particularly harsh on khadr - many others have killed us soldiers (which it ultimately turned out he didn't), and also given that khadr was child, i would expect them to be softer on him than others, not harsher. it makes me wonder if all war-prisoners are treated just as inhumanely and if khadr is just getting attention because of his canadian citizenship. in any case, his life-story is truly heartbreaking, and i really pray that things start looking up for him soon.
October 2, 2011
It was a great subject matter that needed to be heard.....it was fairly well put together....I certainly hope the world does not view Canadians as those men behaved....I hope they are ashamed of themselves.....as Canadians, we should know that we do not treat children like that....
November 23, 2011
If "You Don't Like the Truth" then you should not watch this documentary.
October 10, 2011
MK 3/5. Alleged child canadian soldier held by US forces without trial. Canadian authorities seem more interested in extracting information than helping one of their citizens.
September 26, 2011
ANXIOUSLY IN NEED TO SEE IT!!
September 21, 2011
Observing what is now the norm in modern day society. A two tier justice system. Justice for anyone that isn't muslim, as muslim people no longer have any rights. If his was a white Candian boy- captured and imprisoned by the arabs, this would be a very different story. It is now acceptable for our goverments to discriminate. It's muslim now, but who will be next!
September 18, 2011
You just knew the far left pacifists would love this. How about a movie where the dirtbag muslims are guilty?
January 30, 2011
No fanaticism or preaching, just presenting the situation trough a single case. Footage of the actual interrogation, of which the film is mainly composed of, is horrific to see, even with no physical torture.