You'll Never Get Rich - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

You'll Never Get Rich Reviews

½ June 7, 2009
Pretty funny, and I must admit, I never knew Rita could dance. She was pretty good!
May 23, 2009
There's some good dancing sequences as you'd expect from Fred and Rita but the storyline is disappointing, merely a light comedy with a plot that feels obscure even though everything about the production is mainstream.
½ April 7, 2009
Black and white musical that features Fred Astaire in his usual smug role - he cheats to get into the army, pretends to be a captain, helps his boss cheat on his wife, and gets "badgered". Movie gets interesting when Astaire joins the army but nobody in this movie really likes him. Rita Hayworth is beautiful, can dance, and has some funny scenes. There's a mixed bag of supporting roles but I liked the boss' wife who never falls for her husband's silly excuses. Best scene has Astaire in solitary showing off to everyone - he really was a talented performer. There's also a Busby Berkley-type dance finale on a giant tank. [i]You'll Never get Rich[/i] is worth a look.
March 30, 2009
Not my favorite movie for either star, but at the same time, it's hard to go wrong with Rita Hayworth in anything. I <3 her!
½ November 11, 2008
Cheesy but fun. And Hayworth does a fantastic job dancing with Astaire. That rehearsal number with the chorus still gives me chills.
August 31, 2008
Not the best Fred film but the dancing is pretty good and Frieda Inescort as the wife of a cheater is delightful-why wasn't she a huge star?
½ August 15, 2008
gotta wath the end tho
½ June 18, 2008
as cheesy and unrealistic as all 40's 'B' musicalish movies, but still ridiculously entertaining. and how can it not be with fred astaire and rita hayworth together?!
½ April 21, 2008
Not the best story, but the dancing is great to watch, especially Fred Astaire's solo. Made me wanna see more of his films.
½ February 16, 2008
A cute comedy/musical, with some pretty nice dance numbers and groovy music.

I can't help but prefer the Ginger films, though. Rita Hayworth is phenomenal, but she doesn't look quite right next to Fred.
January 8, 2008
OK, but your life isn't lessened for not having seen it.
January 3, 2008
Not as good as 'You Were Never Lovlier', but Rita Hayworth and Fred Astaire make delicious magic in this musical with georgous dancing and may laughs to keep you entertained the whole way through.
December 12, 2007
A real disappointment- no showstoppers and banal dialogue. I love the pairing of Astaire and Hayworth, but they were put to much better use in the delightful "You Were Never Lovelier."
December 3, 2007
The first film to pair Rita Hayworth and Fred Astaire. And it's a good one.
Great dance sequences, a bit of humor, and the gorgeous Rita Hayworth.
September 4, 2007
Such lovely dancing!
½ September 1, 2007
fred astaire iz brilliant,, rita hayworth is stunning,, gr8 film x.x
August 10, 2007
Ooooohhh!!! How exciting!!! two wonderful classic actors. What more can you ask for??? Rita Hayworth was one lucky lady to dance with such a fantastic peformer.
July 19, 2007
July 11, 2007
Fantastic - love Rita spending time in Ginger's shoes for a bit...
½ July 6, 2007
Aside from Eleanor Powell, Rita Hayworth was Fred Astaire's best dancing partner. Wonderful dancing, but spastic plot. No real showstopper songs. No real "remember me" scences.