The Adventures of Young Indiana Jones: Treasure of the Peacock's Eye - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Adventures of Young Indiana Jones: Treasure of the Peacock's Eye Reviews

August 12, 2015
One of the highlight of the show ! beautiful stuff !
½ February 16, 2013
Terrific television series, but these weren't its strongest moments.
½ January 18, 2013
pretty good, better than you'd expect!
½ June 29, 2012
This has to be my favorite of this series because it ties in to Temple of Doom. This feels more like Indiana Jones..
February 28, 2012
I thought this was a good film that focused on how Indiana Jones started getting into treasure hunting and antiquitties. Also it had a good message in it I believe about knowing the differences of wants and needs. The only problem I had with it was the ending. I give it a 7 out of 10.
October 29, 2010
A decent movie that explains the origins of Indiana Jones qiute well.
½ December 2, 2009
well hes a pussy thats about it. thats all the information you'll be getting from this review.
½ November 30, 2009
I liked this one, but it was just a little bland. Sean Patrick Flanery is a great Indiana Jones and is always fun to watch. The story was quite interesting and had a nice ode to the movie. It was one of the most action packed episodes as well.
½ September 19, 2009
Another mediocre entry for the series - this one's no gem (pun intended).
June 12, 2009
Bronislaw Malinowski saves the day :)
½ April 4, 2009
There was lots of potential for how Indy came to be. But it just kept missing something.
shesdownbytheriver
March 28, 2009
No thankyou - Not interested
½ March 5, 2009
I love this episode. I really do. Its the most classically Indiana Jonesesque episode of the Chronicles. The war ends and Indy is swept off (rather reluctantly) on adventure. This was one of the later mini movies filmed for the family channel after the series was canceled so production values in the first half suffer. The trench sequences as usual are good, however the sequences set on multiple boats and various small rooms don't boast the same level of detail the series once reveled in. There is an excellent set piece pirate battle at one point, however the dubbing on the pirate queen is so horrendous one wonders how it possibly passed muster, especially when shes singing.

The episode is an extended world wide chase for its first half, but then it takes a sudden turn as Indy and Remy land on a Polynesian Island, this is where it gets good in my opinion, what follows is an undubbed, unexplained seemingly real native sequence, where we are invited, along with Indy to make our interpretations as to the meaning of the rituals partaken by the inhabitants. After this its on to a meeting with Polish Anthropologist Branislow Malinowski whose chat with Indy about what is important to him really affected me at one point in my life. So while the movie ends on what some might see as an anti climax, with Indy giving up on the quest and returning home to America after 3 years at war, I see it as a bold curve ball, true to Indy's character and to the overall spirit of the show, as a depiction of a 'real' persons life. Applaudable
February 7, 2009
This was a pretty good episode. It had some good action scenes, tension, and adventure. One of the betters, as I remember.
February 6, 2009
Good start to the Young Indiana Jones Chronicles.This was one of the earlier stories.Full of action and adventure.
December 2, 2008
I would've seen this had it been River Phoenix as intended.
September 14, 2008
not a huuuge fan of these tv young indy deals but hell they are fun and sean patrick flanery is a kick ass actor this one wasnt bad but they have better ones
deano
½ August 31, 2008
This seemed like it's the best and first adventure of Indiana Jones on a treasure hunt. Some are funny between Indy and his friend Remy hunting the diamond from London to Alexandria to the South Seas where they has a run-in with a murderous band of Chinese pirates. The shipboard battle that ensues is a spectacular display of swords, guns and flying fists.
July 16, 2008
This was the first Young Indiana Jones film I saw. I thought the first half was great, but it bogged down once they leave the big ship and start sailing the ocean in the small life boat.
½ June 13, 2008
I think i actually saw this, and remembered enough to knoww the name, no bad flashbacks though