The Adventures of Young Indiana Jones: Treasure of the Peacock's Eye - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Adventures of Young Indiana Jones: Treasure of the Peacock's Eye Reviews

June 7, 2008
it can't be any worse than the new one.
June 7, 2008
Probably my 'least favorite'. Which isn't sayin' much because I LOVED the entire series!
½ June 4, 2008
This is a really great movie in its own right. Its actually the only Young Indiana Jones film I've ever seen, but makes me want to check out some of the others. Indy suspiciously looks like Michael J. Fox and acts like him too. The movie has one of the better storylines in the Indiana Jones series and actually explores the fields of archeology and cultural anthropology to a greater extent than any of the films with adult Indy. It even has legends of the field like Carter and Malinowski in it. The movie has a strong message about following your true dreams, and young Indy is clear about his belief that archeology should be about learning about people, not treasure hunting. He's absolutely right, but he's clearly contradicting himself from every other movie. Even in this movie, he destroys sites with mounds of information to "get the good stuff". I liked his fat French friend. He was an entertaining character. And the scenes with the pirates and especially the last scenes with the Trobriand Islanders make this an outstanding adventure film. I haven't had a chance to see the new Indy flick yet, but watching all these films is certainly encouraging me to get out and see it as soon as possible. And when I do, you'll hear all about it. And in the meantime, check out this film. As rare and obscure as it is, its definitely worth seeing.
½ June 4, 2008
Possibly the biggest waste of time in my entire life.
May 30, 2008
loved this movie as a kid
½ May 28, 2008
This one had so much potential, but failed. The characters were great and the action was amazing, but the last half-hour or so just killed the movie. Good attempt, but did not succeed.
May 27, 2008
sorry, nothing compares to Harrison as Indy...except maybe River Phoenix! lol
May 26, 2008
As World War I comes to an end, Indy can finally concentrate on archaeology. Full of action.
½ May 23, 2008
This is a pretty good movie and close to the films. Apparently the treasure is the same diamond from temple of doom too!!! (Geek)
½ May 23, 2008
The best Young Indy movie, there's an artifact, Indy goes after it, a red line gets drawn on a map, everything. I know it was a prequel series before the high adventure years, but I wish all of the episodes were like this one.
May 23, 2008
this isn't a movie...
May 22, 2008
what the hell is this never heard of this befor
½ May 22, 2008
Don't remember much about it. The fat guy was annoying.
May 19, 2008
HAHAHA treasure of the peacocks eye!
May 17, 2008
loved this well worth the wait. ;0)
½ March 17, 2008
not too bad, knidve like watching an episode (which it is 2 of) of a TV show you've never seen
better if you have more or the series, not bad for one time though, ending isnt that good
½ March 2, 2008
I don't understand why people love Indiana Jones movies so much. This one lacked in many ways.
March 1, 2008
actually an ok movie. i thought it kept up the vibe of the origianls. the best out of all the young indiana jones series ive seen so far
February 22, 2008
Pretty enjoyable....
½ January 9, 2008
For me, this movie, which I picked up in a dime store (dollar store in modern times, name etc.) was quite enjoyable. I enjoyed it a lot. A good offshoot of the Indy franchise. The guy who plays Remy does a great job as well as the guy who does Young Indy.