The Adventures of Young Indiana Jones: Travels with Father Reviews

• Mar 04, 2013

This Chapter Is Set In 1908, In Both Russia & Greece. Although Entitled "Travels With Fire", Only The Greece Plot Makes Use Of The Film's Title. The First Half Of The Film Is Set In Russia & Young Indy Has Decided To Run Away From His Parents & Make's Plans To Travel Back To New Jersey. Along The Way He Meets Up With War & Peace Author Leo Tolstoy (Great Performance From Michael Cough), & Both Travel Down A Dangerous Road & Become Great Friends, In What Is A Brilliant Story Of Friendship But Sadly To Short. Then We Move To Greece, This Story Shows Indy & His Father Become Closer As Indy Is Stuck With His Father Because His Mother Has Decided To Take Care Of Indy's Tutor, As She Has Became Seriously Unwell. What Starts Off As A Trip Full Of Dislikes, Brings Them Closer Together As What Henry Jones, S.R. Has Taught His Son Comes In Useful For When They Both Face Death. The Series Picked Up Here & I'm Hoping It Stays At This Standard. The Script Was Much Better & For Once Corey Carrier (Young Indy) Didn't Irritate Me During This Film.

• Sep 17, 2012

This one is ranking up there so far.

This one is ranking up there so far.

• Jul 08, 2009

Very enjoyable adventures of a younger, crazier Indy.

Very enjoyable adventures of a younger, crazier Indy.

• Mar 05, 2009

Here Indy runs away from home and meets an ailing Tolstoy, before traveling to Greece to be lectured on logic by his father. If that doesn't sound fun then let me enlighten you. The Tolstoy part is okay, let down somewhat by a lack in period detail (this being a late episode production wise) But the Greek episode, Oh the Greek Episode. Usually restricted to almost cameo appearances here Lloyd Owen, playing Henry Jones Snr really gets a chance to shine. If theres a more entertaining introduction to Philosophy, silogisms, stoicism, cynisism, and Platonic thought, I don't want to know about it. Over the course of their adventure Young Indy and their dad get lost, get their clothes eaten by goats, and get stuck on a burning elevator, only an annoying voice over summation of what we've learned by Indy lets this down (an frankly horrendous static blue screen work) This episode is not only great in its own right, but it adds loads to any viewing of last Crusade

• Jan 12, 2009

More of the same preachy stories and improbable encounters

More of the same preachy stories and improbable encounters

• Jul 16, 2008

I can't remember what happens in this episode, but I do remember that I did watch it.

• Jun 07, 2008

Who builds a fire in a wooden contraption (particularly when it's the only thing keeping you from falling to your death)? WHO?

• May 23, 2008

The best of the Corey Carrier episodes/movies. It is one of the rare times in the series where we get to see Professor Jones' personality show beyond just being grumpy.

• Apr 14, 2008

One of the better of the earlier episodes. I particularly liked Lloyd Owen's rendition of Indy's father in this one. Well written and quite funny.