Young Guns - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Young Guns Reviews

November 25, 2014
A gritty western with gripping action and decent acting too. 78/100
November 14, 2014
Been a while since I've seen this one. Wanna see it again
September 23, 2014
This is quite a good idea and is basically the updated (well 90's approach) to the Magnificent Seven. Problem is it never quite kicks into gear, the action scenes are just OK and none of the main plot lines are particularly explored in any depth. As a result it's all a little bit...meh.
September 13, 2014
Artistic value be damned....I enjoyed this pure star vehicle ride to cheesy action westernville.
September 10, 2014
This movie was a great part of my childhood. Most little girls wanted to be princesses and ride in horse drawn carriages. I wanted to be a cowboy and ride horses through a gun battle!
½ August 8, 2014
Not dated at all and still a good watch
½ July 27, 2014
A rather generic and bland western that is kept interesting simply because of a well known cast.
½ May 5, 2014
Mindless western shoot-em up flick notable only for its stars. The soundtrack gives the film a notably dated atmosphere.
½ May 2, 2014
young guns may not be as good as its successer but it is lots of fun and full of action and adventure that would keep most people satisfied. but to all people looking for a masterpiece of a western look towards true grit the jeff bridges not the john wayne one.
½ March 30, 2014
I saw this in the theatre and wanted to grow up to be a gunfighter, think the breakfast club in the Wild West
February 17, 2014
Good fun western... Looks a tiny bit dated now.
February 9, 2014
One of my favorite movies growing up
January 26, 2014
It was OK - just not great.
September 29, 2013
Acting , Story telling , Music and the fact its based on actual real life events makes it amazing , Emilio Estevez is amazing as William H Bonney.
½ September 27, 2013
Really wanted to like this one. Basically a ranch owner is murdered and the crew go out to get revenge on his killer. This movie has not aged very well. The acting in parts is a bit wooden, the deaths are extremely corny, and it just seems a bit off for a western. It is nice to see all the guys in a younger role working together, but this is a case where the sum does not equal its parts. Thought Warren G did take a great line from the move and made it a hot song.
½ August 15, 2013
Like Billy the Kid, I probably take more pleasure in this killing than I should.
½ July 28, 2013
If the producers had the awareness to avoid injecting the 80's into this movie, it may have been good and timeless. But they didn't and it's not.
½ July 27, 2013
The 80's was just not a good time to superimpose modern culture on a western. I'm sure people enjoyed this movie at the time (I did), but it is nearly unwatchable now.
July 25, 2013