Young Guns - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Young Guns Reviews

March 3, 2015
2/3/2015: Excellent movie with a pretty great cast. A fun interesting plot with plenty of action and humor.
½ February 7, 2015
Not how things really happened if you know anything about Billy the Kid, but the movie relied on emotion, gun battles, and slight humor that worked fine for me. The main characters' personalities varied which made them their own and I felt were likeable. This pic had a solid plot with a satisfying ending.
January 11, 2015
Not bad western from the 80's.
January 6, 2015
A good buddy western with laughing fighting and dirt. Young Guns has just enough good acting with killing and shooting to make it worth watching. As far as Westerns go its a good look at what it means to have 'Pals'
Robbanflix
January 2, 2015
Still one of my fav western movie ,, lots of action and good music. The theme rocks.
December 30, 2014
While this isn't a particularly impressive cowboy flick, it certainly has its merits as a fast-paced popcorn flick. Unfortunately, what could have been a spectacular film is hampered by a noticeably dated direction. The film appears to have been trying to fit some of the "brat pack" of the 1980's into a conventional western setting, and the main reason that it doesn't work is because the main characters simply aren't very good actors. The performances, while not terrible, are pretty stale. It's almost as though they're trying to be the next-generation equivalent of the old vanguards of cowboy icons, and are failing. If you ignore the forgettable characters and average story, you'll probably like the fast-paced gunfights, which, in a way, do make the film look more like an old-fashioned matinee. However, that's all this film appears to be good at. You won't find anything original, but you will find a decent showdown or two, and if that's what you're looking for, then this is the film for you.
November 25, 2014
A gritty western with gripping action and decent acting too. 78/100
November 14, 2014
Been a while since I've seen this one. Wanna see it again
September 23, 2014
This is quite a good idea and is basically the updated (well 90's approach) to the Magnificent Seven. Problem is it never quite kicks into gear, the action scenes are just OK and none of the main plot lines are particularly explored in any depth. As a result it's all a little bit...meh.
September 13, 2014
Artistic value be damned....I enjoyed this pure star vehicle ride to cheesy action westernville.
September 10, 2014
This movie was a great part of my childhood. Most little girls wanted to be princesses and ride in horse drawn carriages. I wanted to be a cowboy and ride horses through a gun battle!
½ August 8, 2014
Not dated at all and still a good watch
½ July 27, 2014
A rather generic and bland western that is kept interesting simply because of a well known cast.
½ May 5, 2014
Mindless western shoot-em up flick notable only for its stars. The soundtrack gives the film a notably dated atmosphere.
½ May 2, 2014
young guns may not be as good as its successer but it is lots of fun and full of action and adventure that would keep most people satisfied. but to all people looking for a masterpiece of a western look towards true grit the jeff bridges not the john wayne one.
½ March 30, 2014
I saw this in the theatre and wanted to grow up to be a gunfighter, think the breakfast club in the Wild West
February 17, 2014
Good fun western... Looks a tiny bit dated now.
February 9, 2014
One of my favorite movies growing up