Young Guns - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Young Guns Reviews

July 25, 2013
my favorite western.
July 15, 2013
love this movie, mainly because it is a true story
June 12, 2013
own it love it what else to say.
June 1, 2013
Nothing great but certainly passable.
May 28, 2013
A great western movie that should not be taken to seriously with great performances from Estevez this movie is a great western showing some true and some fictional accounts of the Lincoln county War.
½ May 28, 2013
Good for a western. Still wanting to see an amazing western though. Aparently the sequel is better and i will soon watch tombstone. Good actors in this movie.
May 20, 2013
One of the best westerns ever made. The cast is just incredible. Emilio was outstanding!
May 15, 2013
i great movie for your collection
April 30, 2013
No classic, and pretty uneven with some flat, weird bits, and the sequel (while sillier) seems more consistent and energetic. But this has a sensational cast (and not just the brat pack leads) which pepper this with lots of great moments. The peyote scene is hilarious. The thing I'll most remember about this movie though is climbing up this really high, precarious ladder on the high, high stairs of the Hoyts Regent marble staircase to change the poster. That was about the only thing about that job I didn't love.
½ April 11, 2013
One of the best westerns, second only to Young Guns 2!!! A great cast here, with a nice updated score to serve the youthful leads and the action.

Estevez flat out steals the show here, but everyone is good. Even the bad guys get some juicy roles to dig into.

Jack Palance is a GREAT bad guy, and look really hard and you will find a young Tom Cruise cameo in the final gun fight.

A lot of good action scenes to keep the pace going as well.
April 9, 2013
The Western Genre Had Died In The 70's, Although Efforts To Revive It Failed, Most Turned Out Quite Enjoyable & Had A Pretty Decent Stab At It Anyway. Director Christopher Cain's Young Guns Falls Into This Catagory, With A Great Sense Of Direction, Storytelling, Script, Action Sequences & Performances From It's Leading Cast, It's Sad That 4 Out Of The 6 Outlaws In The Film Are Easily Recognisable As The Other 2 Give In Great Performances. The Film Focuses On The Rise Of Billy The Kid (Emilio Estevez) & His Gang Of Outlaws (Kiefer Sutherland, Charlie Sheen, Dermot Mulroney & Casey Siemaszko) As They Take On Corrupt Banker & Politician Lawrence G. Murphy (Jack Palance). An Enjoyable Western Which Gives A Decent Bash At The Revival Of The Genre. Also Features Western Veteran Brian Kieth & Son Of John Wayne, Patrick Wayne As Pat Garrett, The Man Who Eventually Hunts The Kid Down.
April 9, 2013
The name and intro to this movie make you think it's going to be the coolest western ever. Overall though its pretty flat and not as fun as I thought it would be.
April 8, 2013
Definitely a classic...I appreciate the larger ensemble cast. Even if Charlie Sheen had a terrible accent!
½ March 17, 2013
Though not entirely accurate account of historical events, still an enjoyable film.
½ March 11, 2013
Not how things really happened if you know anything about Billy the Kid, but the movie relied on emotion, gun battles, and slight humor that worked fine for me. The main characters' personalities varied which made them their own and I felt were likeable. This pic had a solid plot with a satisfying ending.
March 9, 2013
I just bought this one, and haven't seen it in years. Still love it after all these years.
February 23, 2013
Mindless Drivel of the Worst Kind
February 2, 2013
A great Western Film!!
January 28, 2013
We're in the spirit world, asshole!
January 26, 2013
I liked it a lot. It's a classic western.