Young Tom Edison - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Young Tom Edison Reviews

January 10, 2016
A wonderful film, especially when you consider how old it is. It sure holds up well today. Mickey Rooney is inspirational as the legendary American inventor, Tom Edison. The acting is actually quite good from everybody involved with Virginia Weidler and George Bancroft being other standouts. It's a neat movie that everybody should see. (First and only viewing - 1/18/2016)
January 25, 2014
good bio-pic part one MGM bought the story of edison and split his life into 2 pics this and the spencer tracey pic
½ March 24, 2013
I love history especially the older I get. I've been to the Edison museum in W. Orange NJ and so was very interested when this movie was on this past Sunday.
Mickey Rooney was America's most popular actor when this movie was made in 1940. Edison had a loving mother & sister, a heavy disciplinarian father but he was always interested in trying new things. It's a 1940's gem!
May 8, 2011
I liked the story of Edison all before he left his hometown permanent. One issue I had about the film is that because of the period it was made the films to be portrayed a little cheesy but since I don't know the true story I feel that something is exaggerated. I thought that the acting was not as great for the sister and Edison but I think that if it were to be made today it would not have that cheesy happy feel. The story told in this film is very unique.
½ October 18, 2009
Very entertaining biography of Thomas Edison in his early years. Loosely (very) based on fact, but enjoyable anyway. Mickey Rooney is his usual very energetic self, Virginia Weidler gives great support.
½ March 3, 2005
January 10, 2016
January 25, 2014
½ March 24, 2013
July 5, 2011
I liked Edison the Man better, but this was good too.
May 8, 2011
February 6, 2011
watched this in history class in 4th grade. nothing memorable.
March 3, 2010
I hope that one of these days I`ll find this on DVD ???
½ October 18, 2009