Your Mommy Kills Animals - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Your Mommy Kills Animals Reviews

August 1, 2007
The inside scoop on the animal rights movement and those out to stop them. Be amazed at who ends up with egg on their face. A good effort at being non judgmental with the facts laid out for the viewer to decide.
½ November 16, 2011
An interesting, informative, but unfortunately overlong documentary about animal rights activists and the various tactics they use. The director wisely decides not to take a stance himself, but, rather, allows for all sides to speak. This approach educates the audience without being ponderous, and it also allows the viewer to come to his or her own opinion. It also means that the film drags and becomes redundant at points. Nevertheless, I strongly recommend this film to anyone interested in the subject.
January 5, 2008
Considering the explosive nature of this topic, this was an amazingly even-handed look at the debate around animal rights and animal welfare. When it initially started out, I was afraid that this was going to be an animal rights/welfare opinion piece a la Michael Moore, but Curt Johnson really found a great balance showing all sides of the issue. I don't know that it's necessarily going to sway anybody to one side or the other, but for anyone interested in the subject, this presents all sides in about as fair a light as you're going to find (except for the HSUS and PETA, who get raked over the coals, but they declined to be represented here). If I was a member of the SHAC 7, I'd be suing Pam Ferdin (former president of SHAC), I've got a feeling her shrill, self-righteous testimony at their trial probably did much damage to their case. And who knew that the Barbi twins were capable of some pretty thought-provoking intelligent conversation? All in all, a great primer on the issue and a good jumping-off point for anyone wanting to learn more about it.
January 28, 2012
Huh... sounds interesting...
August 27, 2011
It's disturbing, but it also exposes the truth. It has the ability to have the viewers question their beliefs about animal shelters and major organizations like PETA, HSUS, etc. It truly is presented with an aggressive social commentary which may be a little too extreme; on the other hand, and as previously stated, this method is mind changing. It manages to show several opinions, which vary greatly from one another, divided by balanced camera time and by main target. A true animal rights/welfare masterpiece.
½ July 16, 2010
A thought-provoking look at the varying perspectives on animal rights, animal cruelty, and its associated organizations. The documentary is biased, but provides enough insight into the contradictions of major organizations like PETA, HSUS, and violations of the first amendment to make it worth checking out.