You're a Good Sport, Charlie Brown - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

You're a Good Sport, Charlie Brown Reviews

½ December 2, 2012
A fun television special
October 10, 2012
Somehow I missed this one as a kid. Cute, and I always love Peanuts... but was it really necessary to have Snoopy read a Playdog magazine? I knew what Playboy was at the Peanuts appropriate age, despite not having it in our home, and Peanuts is supposed to be innoccent in every aspect.
April 19, 2012
Any Charlie Brown/Peanuts movie is awesome. I have this one and many more in my collections of Peanuts memorabilia.
September 4, 2011
CHARLIE BROWN ANIMATION ARE EXCELLENT...
November 26, 2009
Charlie Brown! =) I love this classic cartoon and I love the music.
February 17, 2009
One of my personal favorites featuring the Peanuts characters. It involves the gang, motorcross, and dogs dressed as the Masked Marvel. I always thought Charlie's pumpkin helmet was kinda cool, I'm not going to lie.
February 13, 2009
Warner Brothers has released yet another pair of fun-filled adventures from America's most loveable loser, Charlie Brown. This time, Charlie takes off on an off-road motocross race, and a track and field competition at his school. Amazingly enough, Charlie actually comes out the victor in both episodes, but only for a short time. And longtime Peanuts fans get to meet one of Snoopy's alter-egos in The Masked Marvel in both adventures.

The newly remastered release of You're a Good Sport, Charlie Brown is not the most standout release from the Peanuts vault. But it is still a fun family movie. Yes, it's a short movie. And the included bonus adventure, "You're The Greatest, Charlie Brown" is roughly the same length as the main feature. That makes for roughly an hour of enjoyment. But animation as this style is next to impossible to find anymore, what with the surplus of CG-based animated cartoons and movies currently flooding the world, today.

The animation is not the only factor that makes this re-issue worth the time and money. In a time when even many current "G"-rated movies have started walking the line of decency for young audiences, the Peanuts gang has always been, and always will be good, wholesome family entertainment. There is no foul language to speak of, even in this feature. And there is no violence either. The worst of the violence comes in the form of poor Charlie Brown falling on his back yet again when he tries to kick the football from Lucy yet again. That determination is something that is discussed in the bonus featurette included in the new re-issue of this special.

The bonus featurette delves into the past of Craig Schulz--Charles Schulz's son--and his interest in motorcross. It is interesting to note that at the time of this special's original creation, motorcross had not yet been invented. So it was, in its own way, a very original story, making for even more reason to watch. Another thought provoking item discussed in the bonus featurette is directly linked to Lucy constantly pulling away the footabll before Charlie Brown can kick it. That, and his determination despite what happens at the end of the special, is a statement that Schulaz wanted to make to his audiences. This is pointed out in the discussions of the special.

Charlie Brown, and the Peanuts gang have always presented family friendly entertainment with original stories, and in some cases, positive messages, such as in this special. As minor as these factors may be, they are what make the Peanuts movies--this special included--among the best entertainment of any generation.
½ January 17, 2009
Charlie Brown's helmet is possibly the best part.
December 15, 2008
no thanks not my thing
February 16, 2008
'Here is your prize. A gift certificate for five haircuts.' Charlie Brown never catches a break.