Youth in Revolt - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Youth in Revolt Reviews

January 20, 2015
Ever wonder how far a man will go for a moment of love making. Whatever answer you have mustered up. Multiply it and add flames.
December 30, 2014
Found this very funny, at points emotional and just generally good fun. Cera gives a great performance showing he isn't a one trick pony.
½ October 27, 2014
Silly comedy with everything just the right amount.
October 9, 2014
In what is becoming a type-cast role for Michael Cera as the soft-spoken, horny teen, Youth in Revolt continues to allow Michael to successfully stay employed in said type-cast role. While his agent may want to spread out his role flexibility a bit, Michael shows he's perfected it with intellectual, social retard, Nick Twisp. His humorous courtship of Sheeni Saunders via the rebellious Francois is adorable and just sweet enough to root for. Surrounded by a surprising cast, including Steve Buscemi, Jean Smart, Ray Liotta, Fred Willard, Justin Long and Zach Galifianakis, this ensemble lends a very strong comedic foundation to the dark story.
½ October 6, 2014
it was to be a comedy but it was just dumb
October 5, 2014
A decent, fairly amusing comedy that seems to think it's a lot more clever than it really is. Cera gets to stretch a little bit, playing both his typical nerdy persona and his darker alter ego. It's a bit different, but if you don't like his usual persona, you won't have much to like here. Portia Doubleday is quite a find, and there's a large gifted supporting cast (Ray Liotta and Steve Buscemi are particularly good in small rles), but this is really Cera's show. If you like him ... and I do in small doses ... this is a good showcase for him.
September 28, 2014
I enjoyed the film I felt it had Heart it was funny but micheal cera never branches out he plays the same character besides that flaw this was a pretty good movie
Grade B
September 22, 2014
This was a little bit stupider than I thought, but I guess it was entertaining enough to watch.
August 19, 2014
I fell asleep but it was looking like a good film. (:
½ August 10, 2014
Geeky, quirky, kinda stupid but very amusing. I enjoyed it and laughed out loud quite a bit watching it, especially Cera's performance as his bad boy alternate personality, great to see him trying something else.
½ July 31, 2014
Not bad at all. Not that funny either.
July 30, 2014
Michael Cera is so funny. This movie is ok. Good but not great.
July 16, 2014
Mildly clever, ultimately a good insomnia prescription.
July 15, 2014
Not a single laugh was given that day.
July 7, 2014
Such a hilarious film, I've seen the trailer, and it is AWESOME.
July 1, 2014
Wacky teenage romps. A bit Hollywood, a lot implausible, but funny enough. Not greatly memorable.
½ June 25, 2014
Its pitter-patter, minor tone provides a calming plastic-wrap shell for Cera's madcap shenanigans.
June 23, 2014
I was floored by this movie. It's got a perfect balance of humor, moral questions, romantic yearning, and wild unabashed creativity. Both Cera and Doubleday are charismatic leads, and it's got a great ensemble cast as well. This isn't your average adolescent love story.
May 28, 2014
Decent rom com funny but mostly a romance film B-
½ May 22, 2014
Storyline was poor and the main characters alter ego was annoying. There was virtually no funny parts either.