Youth in Revolt - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Youth in Revolt Reviews

September 22, 2014
This was a little bit stupider than I thought, but I guess it was entertaining enough to watch.
August 19, 2014
I fell asleep but it was looking like a good film. (:
½ August 10, 2014
Geeky, quirky, kinda stupid but very amusing. I enjoyed it and laughed out loud quite a bit watching it, especially Cera's performance as his bad boy alternate personality, great to see him trying something else.
½ July 31, 2014
Not bad at all. Not that funny either.
July 30, 2014
Michael Cera is so funny. This movie is ok. Good but not great.
July 16, 2014
Mildly clever, ultimately a good insomnia prescription.
July 15, 2014
Not a single laugh was given that day.
July 7, 2014
Such a hilarious film, I've seen the trailer, and it is AWESOME.
July 1, 2014
Wacky teenage romps. A bit Hollywood, a lot implausible, but funny enough. Not greatly memorable.
½ June 25, 2014
Its pitter-patter, minor tone provides a calming plastic-wrap shell for Cera's madcap shenanigans.
June 23, 2014
I was floored by this movie. It's got a perfect balance of humor, moral questions, romantic yearning, and wild unabashed creativity. Both Cera and Doubleday are charismatic leads, and it's got a great ensemble cast as well. This isn't your average adolescent love story.
May 28, 2014
Decent rom com funny but mostly a romance film B-
½ May 22, 2014
Storyline was poor and the main characters alter ego was annoying. There was virtually no funny parts either.
½ April 20, 2014
I will admit that I'm not a huge Michael Cera fan, so I might be a little biased in saying the I didn't enjoy this. However, despite my opinion of him, I felt like Michael Cera actually gave a very good performance in this, especially playing two characters. The rest of the cast is very good too. But the movie as a whole isn't great. Personally, I just didn't enjoy the plot. And while it does have some hilarious moments, I thought that most of the movie was laugh-free. But even though I didn't enjoy Youth in Revolt, I would still recommend it.
½ April 17, 2014
One half of Michael Cera's character shows just how perfectly he plays the geeky, awkward teen character which he has become known for, the other half shows that he does in fact have much more in his locker than just that character.
April 10, 2014
An awesome hilarious movie. I highly recommend it for pretty much anyone.
April 5, 2014
Good movie. Funny, smart, good-hearted, led by a great performance from Cera.
½ March 16, 2014
I love to see actors play out of their comfort zone and I think that Michael Cera done it very well. Despite playing his usual quiet, geeky self in this film he also plays a badass other side to himself which is very funny and he plays like a veteran. Justin Long looked so much different than his character in Dodgeball as he played Sheeni's pothead brother. Overall I love the film even though it has it's flaws.
February 26, 2014
Michael Cera once again plays the shy, awkward, teen who does his best to have a normal life, but falls for the girl that is out of his league. The only thing different is he adds a bit of Clark Gable and a Micheal Bay touch to his performance. Youth in Revolt still manages to reel in some laughs, just not as many as Superbad or Juno.
February 19, 2014
Rather a canny little movie