Youth in Revolt - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Youth in Revolt Reviews

½ October 6, 2014
it was to be a comedy but it was just dumb
October 5, 2014
A decent, fairly amusing comedy that seems to think it's a lot more clever than it really is. Cera gets to stretch a little bit, playing both his typical nerdy persona and his darker alter ego. It's a bit different, but if you don't like his usual persona, you won't have much to like here. Portia Doubleday is quite a find, and there's a large gifted supporting cast (Ray Liotta and Steve Buscemi are particularly good in small rles), but this is really Cera's show. If you like him ... and I do in small doses ... this is a good showcase for him.
September 28, 2014
I enjoyed the film I felt it had Heart it was funny but micheal cera never branches out he plays the same character besides that flaw this was a pretty good movie
Grade B
September 22, 2014
This was a little bit stupider than I thought, but I guess it was entertaining enough to watch.
August 19, 2014
I fell asleep but it was looking like a good film. (:
½ August 10, 2014
Geeky, quirky, kinda stupid but very amusing. I enjoyed it and laughed out loud quite a bit watching it, especially Cera's performance as his bad boy alternate personality, great to see him trying something else.
½ July 31, 2014
Not bad at all. Not that funny either.
July 30, 2014
Michael Cera is so funny. This movie is ok. Good but not great.
July 16, 2014
Mildly clever, ultimately a good insomnia prescription.
July 15, 2014
Not a single laugh was given that day.
July 7, 2014
Such a hilarious film, I've seen the trailer, and it is AWESOME.
July 1, 2014
Wacky teenage romps. A bit Hollywood, a lot implausible, but funny enough. Not greatly memorable.
½ June 25, 2014
Its pitter-patter, minor tone provides a calming plastic-wrap shell for Cera's madcap shenanigans.
June 23, 2014
I was floored by this movie. It's got a perfect balance of humor, moral questions, romantic yearning, and wild unabashed creativity. Both Cera and Doubleday are charismatic leads, and it's got a great ensemble cast as well. This isn't your average adolescent love story.
May 28, 2014
Decent rom com funny but mostly a romance film B-
½ May 22, 2014
Storyline was poor and the main characters alter ego was annoying. There was virtually no funny parts either.
½ April 20, 2014
I will admit that I'm not a huge Michael Cera fan, so I might be a little biased in saying the I didn't enjoy this. However, despite my opinion of him, I felt like Michael Cera actually gave a very good performance in this, especially playing two characters. The rest of the cast is very good too. But the movie as a whole isn't great. Personally, I just didn't enjoy the plot. And while it does have some hilarious moments, I thought that most of the movie was laugh-free. But even though I didn't enjoy Youth in Revolt, I would still recommend it.
½ April 17, 2014
One half of Michael Cera's character shows just how perfectly he plays the geeky, awkward teen character which he has become known for, the other half shows that he does in fact have much more in his locker than just that character.
April 10, 2014
An awesome hilarious movie. I highly recommend it for pretty much anyone.
April 5, 2014
Good movie. Funny, smart, good-hearted, led by a great performance from Cera.