Zaat (Dr. Z) (Attack of the Swamp Creatures) (Blood Waters of Dr. Z) (Legend of the Zaat Monster) (Hydra) - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Zaat (Dr. Z) (Attack of the Swamp Creatures) (Blood Waters of Dr. Z) (Legend of the Zaat Monster) (Hydra) Reviews

November 30, 2016
The best Greedo origin story ever made
½ November 12, 2015
Probably the worst thing in the world. The f*ck was Zaat? Kudos to Don Barton for his use of fonts.
½ October 4, 2015
One of the best B-Movies.
August 20, 2015
One of the worst movie ever. I like to dislike this one
½ December 30, 2014
When you talk about a bad movie, it's hard not to mention Zaat. This is like the Plan 9 of 1971, you can't make something this bad by accident. If the script would have been better written, it could have been a good movie, but it's crap. Badly acted, schlocky effects and stupid plot, this is not a recommended movie, although the MST3K version was funny, but even that starts to get boring after a wile, Zaat is shit.
November 11, 2014
A weird boring old movie, a few moments of hilarity- nothing more.16/100
October 23, 2014
Want to see a promising premise ("promising" may be a bit strong ... let's say "intriguing") ruined by inept execution? This is the kind of low budget film where if a character has to walk from point A to point B, you're going to see every single step they take, preferably with the camera nailed down in one place ... and characters do a lot of walking from point A to point B and back to point A again. This flick has some great moments (most notably a sheriff rescuing a hippy sing-a-long), but absolutely nothing is happening in 75-80% of the film. It's painfully dull.
½ October 15, 2013
Thursday, October 10, 2013

(1975) Hydra
HORROR

All it is, is just a guy wearing a suit which the overall film is like watching another one of Roger Cormon's movies. Cheaper and low budget variation of "the Creature From the Black Lagoon". One of the most stupidest movies I had ever saw which centers on yet about another crazed scientist wanting to create another being that able that person to also live underwater by combining some DNA collected from a catfish, and at the same time contaminates the lake by infecting it with radiation. As Hydra brazenly walks around the city, and not a single person spots him is probably the most silliest thing I had ever saw especially if the population is like nil, and not a single person can figure out anything either. Dumb cast, dumb movie.

Bomb
July 6, 2013
I would go so far as to call Zaat (AKA Blood Waters of Dr. Z, AKA Attack of the Swamp Creatures, AKA Hyrda, AKA Legend of the Zaat Monster) one of the oddest worst films ever made. It has the uncanny ability to make you want to fall asleep on it, but if you can manage to stay awake throughout it then you'll be constantly questioning every action taken by most of the characters. it was apparently a horror film made by a company that usually shoots short films for businesses, and it shows. It's just a weird movie, and it leaves little impression on you other than making sure you've set your alarm clock before watching it. It has been referenced by the crew at Red Letter Media and was also featured on an episode of Mystery Science Theater 3000 during its last season. It can be entertaining if you can manage to stay awake.
May 8, 2013
I would like to make up a title myself:

-THE WALKING NAZI CATFISH MAN WHO CONQUERED A SLEEPY TOWN IN FLORIDA-

How's that for a slice of cherry pie? The first twelve minutes consist of a retarded marine biology lesson, stock full of aquatic stock footage. And then it gets real bad. Face clawing bad.
January 31, 2013
What horrifying creature will be unleashed when Nazi scientist Dr. Kurt Leopold injects himself with his own sinister serum, ZAAT? Half man, half catfish, ALL TERROR! The mad mutant monster sets off into the Everglades to spread his pollution with the intent of taking over not just all of Southern Florida, but the entire universe!! What is ZAAT, exactly? A mind-blowingly absurd and absolutely horrendous creature-feature that throws back to the "Do It Yourself" Horror films of Roger Corman. After seeing ZAAT, one would welcome the CREATURE FROM THE HAUNTED SEA any day, as Dr. Leopold's mutant form look more like a cross-breed between a baboon and a mossy green turd than a catfish. The film is a failure on all fronts, and it would be completely unwatchable were it not for the fact that the audience becomes glued to the screen, wondering where the hell the plot could possibly go next? At one point, the monster attempts to take a mate (with deadly results), and later, the town sheriff punishes us by making us listen to a full fifteen-minutes of terrible folk singing before locking the group up for their own protection. Despite the film's recent rediscovery and remastering, ZAAT is sure to fall right back into obscurity where it belongs, far away from the young, impressionable minds that might mistake this for Horror.
October 20, 2012
i havent even seen it
August 12, 2012
It's a interesting little flick, but it's not underrated. It's low budgeted, it's awful, but it's a cult classic (partially thanks to MST3K.) The creature is pretty crazy looking, the plot is silly and goes no where, the ending is bad, and the characters aren't great. It does offer entertainment though for those of us who enjoy these types of movies.
½ November 1, 2011
Bad "Creature from the Black Lagoon"/Nazi world domination combination.
½ October 23, 2011
This is a really bad monster movie that's really fun to watch. I hope there's an MST3K version.
½ October 4, 2011
I give it small points for including a brainy black protagonist and a clumsy attempt at a Hauntingly Nuanced Ending, but this movie is astonishingly awful. Reminds me of the part in "Ed Wood" where the director tries to build a movie around cut-rate stock nature footage.

The silver lining is that the MST3K episode riffing on this is side-splittingly funny.
½ September 13, 2011
This may have been the most boring movie ever! Not the worst ever just the most boring. It took me almost a week to watch. I would get so bored I would become sidetracked and stop paying attention, which in turn would make me have to rewind and start from the last spot I remembered watching. The acting is particularly bad but the story is slow and the direction is lame plus the lighting is so dark you can hardly tell what is going on. So glad I am done with this movie.
½ May 23, 2011
Some bad movies are entertaining... some are just plain boring. This is one of the boring ones. Even the barrage of jokes from MST3K can't help this one.
May 12, 2011
A terrible terrible film, made watchable only by the MST3K fellas, a version that's worth a look.

I'd pass on this normal version if I were you.