Zanjeer - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Zanjeer Reviews

½ June 2, 2016
Well, it was never dull.
February 17, 2015
The enjoyment of this film is slightly detracted from in a couple of scenes, as the cropping of the edges of the film mean that facial expressions of the leading characters are missed. This does not detract from the fact that Zanjeer is pure, carefully crafted art and that this seminal film is essential viewing for anyone with an interest in Indian cinema.
October 25, 2013
Zanjeer is not half as good as the original. Zanjeer is a masala potboiler that looks outdated,and only the action and acting save the film.Zanjeer is the cliched story of a cop fighting the bad guy and wins at the end. Nothing new,the film does have some good action scenes which are first rate.Zanjeer is a film actual that should have never been remade, its a old fashioned story and lacks depth for a 2013 film. New makers fail,they add no novelty.Zanjeer is saved by the great acting of Ram Charan Sanjay Dutt and Priyanka Chopra .But what can actors do when ever else is a -.Music sucks also.Dir Apoorva Lakhia fails in all accounts, is this same guy who made SAL ??? What was use of remaking Zanjeer when you offer nothing new. Overall Zanjeer 2013 is outdated, offers nothing new in the plot and also has 3rd class music. The only saving grace is the good action and acting. Only watch if one must, or to see BABA in action again. South SuperStar Ram Charan fans can also watch he is good, but he should have not done the film. Half a star extra for Sanju BABA LOL
October 22, 2013
22/10/13

PC is just buff. Movie in terms of story line is nothing new and recently just watched to many with a similar story line. Sanjay dutt ofcourse was buff too.

Movie was a bit slow at times too
November 27, 2012
Can't remember this too well, but I love Amitabh Bachchan.
October 29, 2012
Energy packed action thriller with the Angry Young Man Amitabh Bachchan.
March 6, 2012
An amazing movie, all time hit and favourite...
½ January 9, 2012
The buildup was nice but I was disappointed to see the terrible end.
March 21, 2011
This is a great film from Amitabh Bachchan, such a beautiful performance from Amitabh Bachchan. Loved performance of Pran as well. Wonderful direction of Parkash Mehra.
November 20, 2009
This very quickly became one of my ultimate favorite movies. I thought, when I first rented it, that it would be kitschy and hilarious, and very dated. Dated, yes, it has become, but it has really lost none of what makes it so awesome and fun. Not to mention Amitabh Bacchan!!
½ September 22, 2009
This film is to India what A Better Tomorrow was to Hong Kong. It starts off corney but then it picks up so well, it actually loses the campiness. Amitabh Bachchan is a terrific actor. This movie was actually the first question in the fictional Millionaire show in Slumdog Millionaire.
August 19, 2009
A GREAT GREAT AMITAABH EVENT.
April 19, 2009
Filmfare Best Actor: Amitabh Bachan
½ March 3, 2009
Full disclosure: I think this is the first bollywood film I've seen all the way through, so maybe I just don't have the taste for its idiosyncrasies, but this was dreadful. I expected poor production, but I didn't expect the awful awful writing. Whole story arcs are started and resolved in the space of a single scene. Character's seem to completely change their feelings from one sentence to the next with no apparent motivation for this. The patchy acting, the scratchy film, even the painful fight/dance sequences were all charming in their own way. The disjointed story arcs were not.
February 14, 2009
Man, how times have changed. This was the first big break-out role for Amitabh Bachchan, so I was keen to see it. It's a pretty good actioner, and Bachchan is good in it, though I think it'll take him a couple more movies before he really finds his feet. What fascinated me in watching this was the musical numbers, particularly the first one with Jaya Badhuri. She's the only one dancing! These days you get a musical number in a Bollywood picture and everybody, even the legless newspaper vendor breaks in to spontaneous, precisely choreographed dance. In this, usually it's just the lead of that song dancing, frequently with onlookers just hanging out and watching them. Oddly enough while this is arguably more realistic, it took me out of the action somewhat. Still, great film, definitely one to be seen by Bollywood completists as it marks such a transition between the older films and what we see today.
September 12, 2008
great bollywood film. Classic revenge tale but well-done. I would have enjoyed it if it the transfer had been better, but really all the hiss, cracks, pops and over/under saturation lent to the charm
February 18, 2008
brilliant movie to watch. hindsight, the starting point for the bachchan era
January 25, 2008
amithbahs landmark movie !!
December 4, 2007
The film that cemented Amitabh Bachchan as the 'Angry Young Man' of Hindi cinema. To fully appreciate the phenomenal importance of this film, one has to remember it was released during a time of serious political unrest, and the 'by any means necessary' approach to cleaning up crime put forward in the film made Amitabh a hero for the people. This is a great revenge crime flick, and ranks with Deewaar as one of the best Hindi films of the 1970s.
November 13, 2007
The film that launched the megastar