Zathura - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Zathura Reviews

September 26, 2016
Was A Fun Ride But All A Bit Too Cute. The Moral Test Of Wills Did Add An Interesting Twist Of Sorts, Like It When Kids Stories Hold Subtle But Clever Adult Themes.
August 18, 2016
Plagued by the fact that it will always be labeled a "rip-off" of another more popular movie, Jumanji, this film still has some nice things to offer. The two brothers feel like real brothers, more importantly, like real kids. But real kids are annoying and I know this has put off more than one person I've talked to about this film. In spots it wants to be its own, but in others it just wants to be a copy paste of Jumanji. Interesting in that the scenery is different, but it never gets to prove itself as its own thing.
August 18, 2016
It's not bad, a little out there but still fun
½ August 13, 2016
Brothers playing a board game find themselves floating in outer space inside their house. It's a fun family adventure.
August 8, 2016
Director, Jon Favreau (Elf, The Jungle Book) brings us an awesome adaptation of the Allsberg kids book. The movie has astounding special effects, and wonderful visuals. The film is full of nonstop action and has a great deal of comedy and comic relief. Actors are great. Love this movie
July 25, 2016
Let The Game Begin!
This was a fun family film, Can be scary in some times but an enjoyment.
Luckily, the movie wasn't too bad that kristen stewart actually wasn't too awful in this one, I'm not even saying she is particularly good in this movie,
She Just Isn't One Of The Worst Actresses of all time.

I Have Seen Worse Actresses!
Reece Witherspoon?
Cameron Diaz?
Megan Fox?
Paris Hilton?
Every Model Actress.

Zathura was a good time.

Score: 6.5/10
½ July 24, 2016
This is a somewhat sequal to Jumaji. While it doesn't have any of the same people or any connection it is similar. It is about a board game that comes to life. But instead of a safari it is a space adventure. It is a fun movie, but doesn't have the best special effects. Overall a good movie to watch with kids.
½ July 20, 2016
The connections between Zathura and Jumanji have been made, but there's a reason for this: The book this is based off is a sequel to Jumanji, both made by the same author, and this movie is a spiritual successor to the movie. It's a fun journey, a change from a more nature-themed adventure to a sci-fi adventure, and the tale of two brothers is the center of the movie. It's a neat movie, not as good as Jumanji, but still good.
½ June 25, 2016
Zathura is an awesome action packed movie that will take you out of this world. Zathura is based on a board game that comes to life which is pretty cool. The plot of the movie is brilliant. I would very much suggest this movie.
June 20, 2016
Fun and more cohesive than Jumanji.
June 19, 2016
how can I wach the movie please
½ June 12, 2016
Wasn't Jumanji like this? I enjoyed the robot going beserk. Made me laugh. I'm glad the astronaut came when he did
May 5, 2016
Space ?Jumanji?, with a fun adventure in the middle and lots of amateurish performances and inept emotions on the edges.
½ April 20, 2016
Ridiculous children's film that has the touch of Jumanji about it.
Although laden with cheese and given a stomach churning ending, this still manages to raise itself above the parapet.
½ April 17, 2016
I dont like this app because I can't watch this move
April 15, 2016
While there are flaws, I think it's still a well-crafted Jon Favureau film with fun special effects.
½ March 26, 2016
The importance of how you finish then start. When your present self determines what obstacles and problems you go through alone or with the one whom you want by your side. The importance of nourishing that relationship as much as you can before you both have separate lives.
March 14, 2016
Zathura is an especially engaging, compelling, and visually captivating film that seems basically like it's Jumanji in space - but its impressive story that never tends to grow old or boring makes it much more than that.
Two constantly arguing siblings must reconcile their differences when playing a space themed board game that brings its cards to life - it's a life or death situation that requires teamwork and help from a trusty astronaut.
Zathura is surprisingly good and is a lot better than it seems. Its story is very compelling and not one part of it tends to be boring, to lose its touch of fascination and thrill - it's a wonderland of space fun. The visuals and effects, for a kids film, are also equally impressive and steal the spotlight. The acting, however, even though it is primarily child actors, is admittedly mediocre. The film, since we've seen it before with a more lovable, memorable feel to most in Jumanji, is forgettable and feels like an unneeded sequel to it. Unneeded isn't what Zathura is, though - it's compelling and captivating for what looks like an ordinary kids adventure flick and does more than what it promises.
March 13, 2016
LISA IS A BITCH AND I WISH SHE WAS DEAD
February 6, 2016
Great movie, great cast, great acting, etc! ???