Zathura - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Zathura Reviews

½ June 20, 2017
Between a 6/10 and 7/10, Zathura salutes the low-tech magic that lurks inside a board game -- that hidden ability to bring people together.
January 22, 2017
Great movie that I first watched on Nickelodeon and the concept is good and loved this movie , great Nickelodeon movie .
January 18, 2017
Yeah, it's a bit like Jumanji in space, but hey! IT'S JUMANJI IN SPACE! Finding a board game that causes your house to act like a spaceship and immediately dodge meteorites as it's first task is pretty great. There's a LOT you have to swallow, plot and logic wise, but fun for the most part, but it sort of does drag when the "Astronaut' comes around and the weird revelation who he REALLY is is sort of dumb and confusing, but still a great fun time.
½ January 7, 2017
Excellent family based adventure story...
January 2, 2017
Entertaining family movie!
January 2, 2017
It's good movie to watch
September 26, 2016
Was A Fun Ride But All A Bit Too Cute. The Moral Test Of Wills Did Add An Interesting Twist Of Sorts, Like It When Kids Stories Hold Subtle But Clever Adult Themes.
August 18, 2016
Plagued by the fact that it will always be labeled a "rip-off" of another more popular movie, Jumanji, this film still has some nice things to offer. The two brothers feel like real brothers, more importantly, like real kids. But real kids are annoying and I know this has put off more than one person I've talked to about this film. In spots it wants to be its own, but in others it just wants to be a copy paste of Jumanji. Interesting in that the scenery is different, but it never gets to prove itself as its own thing.
August 18, 2016
It's not bad, a little out there but still fun
½ August 13, 2016
Brothers playing a board game find themselves floating in outer space inside their house. It's a fun family adventure.
August 8, 2016
Director, Jon Favreau (Elf, The Jungle Book) brings us an awesome adaptation of the Allsberg kids book. The movie has astounding special effects, and wonderful visuals. The film is full of nonstop action and has a great deal of comedy and comic relief. Actors are great. Love this movie
July 25, 2016
Let The Game Begin!
This was a fun family film, Can be scary in some times but an enjoyment.
Luckily, the movie wasn't too bad that kristen stewart actually wasn't too awful in this one, I'm not even saying she is particularly good in this movie,
She Just Isn't One Of The Worst Actresses of all time.

I Have Seen Worse Actresses!
Reece Witherspoon?
Cameron Diaz?
Megan Fox?
Paris Hilton?
Every Model Actress.

Zathura was a good time.

Score: 6.5/10
½ July 24, 2016
This is a somewhat sequal to Jumaji. While it doesn't have any of the same people or any connection it is similar. It is about a board game that comes to life. But instead of a safari it is a space adventure. It is a fun movie, but doesn't have the best special effects. Overall a good movie to watch with kids.
½ July 20, 2016
The connections between Zathura and Jumanji have been made, but there's a reason for this: The book this is based off is a sequel to Jumanji, both made by the same author, and this movie is a spiritual successor to the movie. It's a fun journey, a change from a more nature-themed adventure to a sci-fi adventure, and the tale of two brothers is the center of the movie. It's a neat movie, not as good as Jumanji, but still good.
½ June 25, 2016
Zathura is an awesome action packed movie that will take you out of this world. Zathura is based on a board game that comes to life which is pretty cool. The plot of the movie is brilliant. I would very much suggest this movie.
June 20, 2016
Fun and more cohesive than Jumanji.
June 19, 2016
how can I wach the movie please
½ June 12, 2016
Wasn't Jumanji like this? I enjoyed the robot going beserk. Made me laugh. I'm glad the astronaut came when he did
May 5, 2016
Space ?Jumanji?, with a fun adventure in the middle and lots of amateurish performances and inept emotions on the edges.
½ April 20, 2016
Ridiculous children's film that has the touch of Jumanji about it.
Although laden with cheese and given a stomach churning ending, this still manages to raise itself above the parapet.