Zeppelin Reviews

• Nov 26, 2013

A WW1 soldier "defects" to Germany so that he can spy on their zeppelin programme, only to discover that they intend on using it to steal the Magna Carta. It's a ridiculous plot, and I was expecting it to be a ridiculous film. But while it was indeed fairly stupid, it never seemed as aware of the fact as the plot required. So instead of the crazy action-adventure film it should have been it becomes a fairly silly drama. I still enjoyed it, but it had the potential to be more. Or less, depending on your point of view. The funniest thing about the film is that the film is just realistic enough that the plot is genuinely as dumb as it sounds. Our "hero" doesn't really do anything to foil the villains, they do that by themselves. All he can do is kill an innocent civilian and get shot. And Michael York is the worst spy in the history of spies. Honestly. You can believe he'd be Austin Power's boss.

• Apr 01, 2011

Los zeppelines evocan una à (C)poca extraordinaria de la historia de la aeronaútica, del mismo modo que entroncan con las fantasias más golosas de visionarios como Julio Verne. Sin embargo, estas criaturas fantásticas devinieron monstruos mortíferos durante la Primera Guerra Mundial. Un punto de partida interesante que, como sucede muchas veces, termina convertido en una película mediocre, en la que se salva el buen hacer de los maquetistas y la aparición de algunos secundarios simpáticos como Anton Diffring y Elke Sommer. Insulsa, insulsa.