The Zero Boys - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Zero Boys Reviews

½ February 17, 2016
Three hotshot paintball stars face the ultimate test of survival with their dates after a poor decision to make themselves at home in a cabin owned by sickos who have a torture barn. Good action here. The Zero Boys mean business, they train for paintball with an arsenal of real weapons. Easy to see why they are the champs on the local circuit.
½ September 6, 2015
The Zero Boys are immature but legends in their own mind in survival games competition. The Zero Boys must use their survival instincts when an excursion in the woods leads to a tangle with backwoods killers. Not all the boys pass the real test.
½ June 23, 2011
No two genres have I appreciated more than the action and horror genres. These two were mixed together beautifully in 1988's Maniac Cop, and the Zero Boys is almost as good. It begins with a paintball shootout between the Zero Boys and a different group. It's chock-full of 80s cheesy goodness, and brings to mind one of the Rambo movies (there's even a picture of Rambo in it, so at least it recognizes where it comes from). Afterwards, they head off to the woods for a victory celebration. Here's where the horror comes in. The cheesiness disappears and is replaced by a rather creepy atmosphere filled with fog and deranged backwoods hillbillies standing in silhouette holding some sort of menacing object (a knife, machete, and even a crossbow). Without the atmosphere, The Zero Boys wouldn't scare at all. However, it manages to be a very effective and eerie slasher. The body count is really low, there's no gore to write home about, and no nudity, so people who are expecting the next Friday the 13th are in for a shock. However, if the thought of Joe Estevez playing a backwoods killer intrigues you, by all means check it out. If you enjoyed ALL the Rambos (yes, even III), you'll like it. If you thought the plot of Deliverance was great but felt it needed more action, this si definitely your movie. The acting holds up surprisingly well for a movie of its caliber, and I don't care who disagrees with me. The ending leaves room for a sequel (I get chills at the thought of a follow-up), but since their never was one, I wish it had some closure. If you're at your local used books and movie store and spot a DVD of The Zero Boys, don't hesitate to buy it. Both DVD versions of it are now OOP and are reaching some high prices on the internet. One thing I should mention is that I dislike the covers for all the releases of this. Every single one of them make it look like a straight action movie, when a majority of it is slasher goodness. Don't be misled, just watch it!
½ July 5, 2010
Three hotshot war games stars face the ultimate test of survival with their dates after making themselves at home in a cabin owned by sickos who have a torture barn. Luckily they carry around an arsenal of real weapons for paintball practice.
Matt S.
½ January 2, 2010
This movie was a surprisingly entertaining slasher/adventure movie with a very creepy atmosphere. The acting was ok, there was some suspense and creepy scenes. The only problem I had was the abrupt ending. This is one movie that deserves a sequel or a remake. Recommended if you like backwoods slashers.
July 26, 2008
Surprisingly watchable b-movie, has ridiculous dialogue and cliches to spare, but benefits from a fast pace, lively script and Kelli Maroney playing another strong-willed heroine.
May 12, 2008
Paintball players facing off against killers in the woods.They have to survive using the skills learned in their paintball games.Kelli Maroney is really hot as the trophy one team wins in a paintball contest.
April 8, 2008
I pretty much love it. And it's good to know Kelli Maroney fucks on the first date.
February 28, 2008
Stupid, cheesy, stupid, cheap, stupid. And no tits.
February 24, 2008
Jamie played by Kelli Maroney is hot.
½ November 10, 2007
Wow! Nico Mastorakis has written/directed and produced a lot of crap, but this is amongst my fav backwoods slasher films. Other than BloodTide, I don't think I have enjoyed anything from OMEGA entertainment. The Zero Boys are a group of friends who battle in a survival game together and after a battle they decide to chill out in the woods for a while with their girls and beer. But when it starts to rain they decide to seek shelter in an adandoned house which is inhabited by deranged killers. The plot of the film is what sold it for me. Survival games in the wilderness, deranged killers..u have won me!!! No one would ever think this could be a slasher flick judging by the cover and unfortunatly, because of this I don't think tZB's ever reached it's proper audience due the marketing. Fans of slashers and or the backwoods will like this.
June 26, 2007
I havent met anyone outside of my tiny group of friends in '87 who has seen this. I've been going on about it for years. I'm sure its probably rubbish but... I can't wait to see it again.
½ October 16, 2006