Zero Dark Thirty - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Zero Dark Thirty Reviews

September 2, 2017
Just get to the raid. Just get to the raid. Just get to the raid. The end.
August 27, 2017
heran juga sama pembuatan film ini, gua mikir cepet juga ya pembuatan filmnya hanya setahun. but, keren jalan pelemnya ini
August 16, 2017
I prefer her previous film, but still amazing.
August 11, 2017
My full opinion: 8.1/10.
August 11, 2017
The hunt for Bin Laden was stressful and the film conveys that excellently. Jessica Chastain is fantastic, the story is engaging and the finale is suspenseful.
August 9, 2017
Good depressing dark movie about the most tragic event in the past decade, 9/11 starring Jessica Chastain, Chris pratt, the guy from dawn of the planet of the apes and Joel Edgerton or something like that. I don't want to say I was entertained but I will say it's very educational and would a good movie to see at school for educational purposes only. Going into this movie I didn't know what to expect and what I thought this movie was about is aliens but no, it proved me wrong. Jessica Chastain is phenomenal in this but she didn't feel like a proper main character, she felt more like a supporting character because no-one in this movie is the main character to me. Does this movie deserve the Oscar nominations, yeah because their were no other good movies that year so that's why it was given the Oscar nominations.
½ August 6, 2017
as much as i wanted to like it more there's not a great deal that can be heavily dramatised with this sort of material. it was worth making a film about this subject, i guess, but equally a documentary would've been just as welcome. it didnt come across pro-torture or against it so in that regard wasnt a propaganda piece unless like me you dont believe the guy is even dead and is instead swanning it somewhere living in a 5 star beach cabin paid for unknowingly by the american tax payer. the thing in itself though stands up well enough due to the meandering score and the atmosphere kathryn bigelow is so good at creating as well as jessica chastain's decent enough acting. however it's no hurt locker which really was a great film.
½ July 23, 2017
Interesting to hardcore political nuts, Zero Dark Thirty chronicles the hunt for Osama Bin Laden with Jessica Chastain along the way
July 14, 2017
Historical accuracy aside, Kathryn Bigelow is a first class director and Zero Dark Thirty is a first class film. Jessica Chastain also shines in the leading role, fleshing out all the inner complexities of Maya's personality. This film is poignant and thoroughly insightful.
June 23, 2017
Absolutely loved this movie
½ June 8, 2017
Another serious oversight by the Academy. This deserved Best Picture and Acting honors for Chastain.
½ April 29, 2017
Well made but how much of this is horseshit is worthy of debate.
March 25, 2017
4/5. Intense, thrilling, and disturbing.
½ March 11, 2017
No inmolation no virgins for you in heaven Ossama. I guess that AK was for decoration. We will never know the truth so this story looks better than "official versions", and is really well made since it is not a documentary.
February 27, 2017
While it is technically a very well-made film, and Chastain's strong performance is the driving force, it is also unnecessarily long, over-simplified, not very entertaining, devoid of any true emotion, chaotically filmed, and I fear that it's also not an entirely truthful depiction of events.
February 21, 2017
Grade - B
You can't deny the filmmaking talent it took to make 'Zero Dark Thirty', and the movie certainly lives up to expectations when it comes to being intense; especially in the final 30 minutes. Whilst the movie can feel a bit slow at times due to the investigative nature of the first two thirds, it's never boring and benefits from an impressive performance by Jessica Chastain. In short, the movie lived up to, if not exceeded, my expectations.
FiLmCrAzY
½ February 19, 2017
Seems like one of the most anticipated and best movie of 2012 is one of the movies that i didnt enjoy!
For me although there was alot going on, action and fantastic acting there just didnt seem to moving and i felt bored throughout the movie.
Majorly disappointed may watch again with lower expectations!
February 16, 2017
A brilliant film that shows perspectives interwoven with true events. It's less about facts, and more about human beings and what happens to them in circumstances beyond their control, especially those that they're trying to control.

This is a masterpiece of naturalism, and a work of mad genius by a stupendously talented filmmaker, and a revolutionary: Ms. Kathryn Bigelow.
January 27, 2017
Well... I liked it up until the end, and it didnt really come together. Looking back on it, I felt it was horribly directed. At least 3 times I had to question whether or not I had drifted or day dreamed through a scene because all of a sudden the story would be advanced much further than we were just minutes, sometimes even seconds before, with no explanation of how we arrived there! Considering how long this movies was, and how slow it was at times, I feel like things could have easily have been rearranged to clear some things up.

Also, the way the final scene was shot was really hard to watch. By that I mean, I couldnt actually watch it because I couldnt see what the heck was going on! I get they were going for an authentic look, like the lights were off in the real story, so lets turn all the lights off in the film. Thats great for like a cut or two, but it felt like a good 30 minutes of not being able to see anything at all. Then to make matters worse they would tease us with the night vision view of a SEALS perspective, which to me should have been flipped. It should have been 90% night vision 10% darkness. Not the other way around.

I would say I maybe would have given the movie a 3 star review up to that point, but then I went to the internet to research more on the matter, and found out all of these inaccuracies and stretches of the truth, and I can officially say I didnt care for the movie.

Poor accurate portrayal, poor directing, poor editing, poor choice of cinematography. POOR MOVIE!
January 23, 2017
Self -righteous and a bit psychopathic film about the motivations to kill. Make a point killing, revenge killing, army killing. Don't say the englishes don't know how to find a target and do a proper assassination after this. We better not mention anything about Iraq. Film very mechanical, this murder, that plosion, more murders. The story is very cinematic but leave off so much. Hail the englishes! The best invader ever. With the freedom to kill. At will. Wherever you are....