Zero Dark Thirty - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Zero Dark Thirty Reviews

January 23, 2017
This was good. Didn't live up to the hype IMO.
January 14, 2017
It's frustratingly difficult, but that comes with the territory of what this film explores, but it all becomes worth it for "the scene" at the end.
January 9, 2017
Zero Dark Thirty seems emotionally detached from its source can't convey the message it wants. Even Chastain's performance can't make it worth the watch.
December 27, 2016
Perfectly paced, edge of your seat thriller. Jessica Chastain stands out in an ensemble cast to show she's a true star.
½ December 24, 2016
???? ???? ???? ??? ??? ??????
????? ??? ??????
???? ??? ???? ?????
December 11, 2016
Awesome movie. About time we got him
December 3, 2016
I trust Zero Dark Thirty must be a hit with Al Qaeda & ISIS.

I guess they miss the part where Osama Bin Laden meets the 72 virgins.

Otherwise a somewhat boring and very predictable film. The high scores here on Rotten Tomatoes are beyond my comprehension
½ November 28, 2016
Zero Dark Thirty is the story of how the US military eventually found and killed Usama Bin Laden. I really enjoyed the film, despite the massive amount of information the movie throws at you, which could risk bogging down and boring audiences. You really have to lock yourself into the first thirty minutes or so of this one or it might become too easy to become distracted, but if one can successfully do that, I believe that they will have an excellent time with this film. The camerawork is very well done, and the acting is very believable and convincing, especially from Jessica Chastain. My only issue with the film besides the potential to become boring for some is that the characters were not well realized, although well acted, but while watching it didn't matter to me that much, but it would've been nice to see what was going on in these people's lives more.
November 22, 2016
Some of the dialogue may be a bit repetitious, but Bigelow's direction is very effective and she knows how to maintain a constant level of nerve-racking tension in this descriptive (and essentially objective) account of a historical operation whose end is already known.
½ November 4, 2016
A well-paced suspenseful dramatization.
October 15, 2016
Brilliant film enjoyed it the first time on DVD about a year ago and just watched again today on Blu Ray and found it even more amazing. Gets you gripped right from the start. I found the camp chapman attack scene very moving. The only thing that stopped me giving this 5 stars was the final assault on Bin Laden's hide out. I found this very slow moving when a mission of this sort would have been extremely fast paced and full of adrenaline certainly no time for conversations. But that was the only downfall in my eyes. And I understand that as its a film it was probably slowed down to make the scene longer but like I say this then makes it abit unrealistic. Brilliant Job 9/10. Will watch for a 3rd time in the future no doubt.
October 11, 2016
Intense, thrilling, and very realistic, Zero Dark Thirty is an amazing movie with some brilliant acting.
½ September 19, 2016
An excellent war movie of "them versus us". The ethics question is asked but never answered directly.
½ September 15, 2016
Un loooong build up menant ŕ une finale prenante. 2h de "drame d'espionnage", 30 minutes de combat tactique dans le noir, un film bien ficelé.
September 2, 2016
It's about the hunt for Osama bin Laden the terrorist organization leader of the September 11 terrorist attacks on the United States and the night we Killed the world most wanted terrorist in history by United States Navy Seals Seal team 6
August 27, 2016
Everyone has been told this is based on the true events leading up to the capture and of the hunt for Osama Bin Laden. A little slow at times as others have stated but stay with it and it's worth the watch. On a personal note if that's all they really are doing to terrorists they best be glad someone like "Maya" is there doing the terrorizing and I'm not in charge bc that's not enough IMO. People commenting are saying they're upset with the torture that's shown in this movie. So it's ok I guess that THEIR form of torture is BEHEADING and filming the act and sending it to the entire world?Among other things.

The people who were trained by Osama are STILL terrorizing the entire world after he's long been dead and all their punishment is they have to be naked in front of a woman? They feel like but aren't actually drowned?Oh suck it up buttercup and cry me a river! Water boarding would be the least of their worries. They are the worst of the worst kind of prisoners and never were Americans. They despise us. So how can people say that we're violating their civil rights when they don't have civil rights to begin with based on just those 2 things alone? Prisoners have no civil rights IMO. You commit a crime, you give up your civil rights. That is if we still had these prisoners but now thanks to our fearless Muslim leader he's given them all back for a traitor American who IMO should never be allowed in this country again! Are there any left he hasn't set free for some reason or another?

This movie needs a sequel to tell what's happened as a result of the capture and killing of Osama not just how his capture happened. It's not the usual type of movies I watch as I'm not into war movies but I enjoyed this film ALOT! Have seen it several times since it has come out and have never been more proud of our military who rooted him out of his hole. Yes it may have taken 10yrs, I fully believe that Pakistan knew he was there so i don't trust them and think we should nuke all the countries Al Quaeda still exists. We sent a bomb to Hiroshima and haven't had a problem out of Japan since have we? So nuke Iran, Iraq, Pakistan, Afghanistan and all the countries in between. Flatten them to nothing for everything they've done to not only America but the rest of the world and we won't have a problem with them anymore either. It would make for a great sequel to this movie. Problem solved.
½ August 23, 2016
A movie which is beautifully cast and well acted. Despite being based on a true story, this film still manages to find a way to keep the viewer on the edge of their seats.
½ August 14, 2016
Combine Homeland with the Patty Duke show and this is what you get. Bad acting, complete fiction for a supposed historical drama and terrible film making.
August 10, 2016
Dark, grim, clinical, dense, expert, engrossing, gruelling. You're forced to participate in the decade-long manhunt with an almost unbearably tense payoff. Like David Fincher's Zodiac, it puts the cost of obsession not only in terms of time but in terms of humanity.