Zero Day - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Zero Day Reviews

January 7, 2013
Sick, sad, disurbing, powerful. Your stomach will turn.
January 4, 2013
A disturbingly beautiful look into the mind of the insane.
January 2, 2013
watch this. just wow.
November 21, 2012
"Elephant", but less skilled.
November 13, 2012
Documentary style found footage of 2 High school students who plan a shooting at their local school,its more about the build up and their personalities on wanting to kill,as interesting as it is I found it quite boring and the shooting at the end is very anti-climatic,obviously inspired by the Columbine Masscre the film certainly has depth but I didn't find the characters that interesting and you'll enjoy it if you can kind of relate to them in it but mostly its a snoozefest.
October 16, 2012
Disturbingly realistic film based on true story of Columbine shooting.
September 18, 2012
Going into this, I thought it was a real event.(though I did consider it odd I had never heard of it) and totally bought it. The ending, with it's realism, made me cry from shock. I thought those people were really dead. I have to give a film that can do that an A+
½ September 4, 2012
A really hard movie whit a tone that is almost frightening. Not for children nor teenager.
June 8, 2012
HOLY CRAP! This had excellent acting! D:
½ May 19, 2012
Very shocking but also very important! This ultra-realistic look into the mind of the shooters at a high school massacre was amazing! The use of the found footage technique has never been so good! Although disturbing and intense this movie will leave an impression that won't soon leave anyone who watches it!
½ May 13, 2012
very chilling and unsettling! In a good way.
May 5, 2012
anyone who says this copies van sants elephont should die. elephant was queer, drawn out & boring, & very anti-climactic. & it didn't explain shit. this movie is to real to have a plot. does your life have a plot? no so fuck you & die.
April 28, 2012
This movie is very realistic, to the point where I had an odd feeling in the pit of my stomach.
April 11, 2012
First time I watched this I was thinking if this could be real. Now my second time watching I am still very impressed with how real this movie seems in a scary and sad kind of way.
April 6, 2012
This is a hauntingly plausible portrait of one of the most under-studied controversies of modern adolescence. Though fictional, every ounce of it is clearly inspired by real-life accounts, perhaps most obvious the Columbine shootings.
The film delves deeply into the processes involved in such incidents, from the obtaining of firearms to the often ambiguous motivations. However, this focus on the technical side is overshadowed by the filmmakers choice to show the perpetrators for what they really are: people with loving families. With hobbies. With a sense of humor.
That's the real punch of the movie: You're given the people. You're given their objectives. In essence, you're given the ending; But everything in between is what most of us don't even consider when discussing this social phenomenon. Save their drive to do the unthinkable, they are just like you and me. In fact, were I to meet these characters, I can honestly see myself getting along just fine with them.
*spoiler ahead*
The ending will stay with me forever. By the time I witnessed what was hinted at through the entire film, it FELT like I was watching actual security footage of a school shooting. My mind began to spin. I was in awe at the cold spectacle of dozens fleeing for their lives. I was heartbroken to see the young men I had begun to sympathize with partake in such a harrowing act. And, above all, I was infuriated by the apparent delight they took with each kill. For a good bit of this portion, I was convinced these were no longer the people I had just witnessed spending time with their mothers and fathers.
Then, just before taking their own lives, there is a moment in which they debate when to pull the triggers (the universally relatable moment of deciding the definition of "on three"). Something about this moment made me realize that somewhere in those clumzy killing machines were remnants of logic; in a word, humanity...
It's late. Maybe some day i'll come back to this one when I know exactly what the fuck I trying to say.
½ April 1, 2012
One of the most fantastically engaging mockumentaries there ever was. The build up may be slow, but it's overall the sheer tension that gets to you on the preparation towards the event. A good rental for people that can suspend their disbelief.
March 12, 2012
Shockingly, ultra realistic take on the Columbine-like shootings. A harrowing, raw and frightening experience. This is a must see!
March 9, 2012
One of my favourite movies of all time, inspired by "the basement tapes" yet to be released made by the victims of the Columbine Tragedy. Paired with the same low grade camera style of the tapes. The ending is highly engaging, but the entire movie is thought provoking.
March 3, 2012
Pretty good movie with a really deep message. Worth checking out!

~ Average Movie Guy
February 24, 2012
Good acting and found footage storyline that chronicles the events preceding "Zero Day"... Obviously inspired by Columbine, but still just as shocking and disturbingly interesting.