Zombi 2 - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Zombi 2 Reviews

½ June 18, 2017
Good creepy zombie film. The zombies are actually scary looking.
February 18, 2017
Probably my favourite zombie movie.
½ February 4, 2017
If you like the zombie genre before all the modern dross of the last 20 years you should see this one as it's one of the best. Another risible rating from RT.
August 24, 2016
Lucio Fulci's "Zombie" is, at times, a wonderfully gross zombie movie. At other times, it can be a bit slow and plodding. Overall I like it, even if it is not without it's issues. Originally released in Italy as "Zombi 2," a psuedo-sequel to "Dawn of the Dead," which as you may have guessed was called "Zombi" in Italy. Really, it has nothing to do with the other film, though you could easily argue that this takes place before "Dawn of the Dead," but I prefer to think of them just existing separate to each other. It has some real gross gore, some fun moments (including the best scene, in which a zombie fights a shark!), but the pacing really is definitely off.
July 18, 2016
Nice score, good gore.
June 11, 2016
Great effects and iconic imagery! Some of the gags are so crazy. Like a zombie fighting a shark?! Seriously?!
½ June 8, 2016
37 years later, this B-movie still packs a punch with its enthralling special effects, great background score and the iconic 'shark v/s zombie' sequence albeit along the lines of a clichéd splatter-horror setting.
June 4, 2016
Think you've seen every conceivable way a zombie can kill someone? Lucio Fulci adds a pinch of originality and giallo flair into the now overwrought genre soup. He somehow manages to make a zombie attacking a shark look real, and the scene where a zombie oh so slowly pierces an eyeball with a wood splinter would make Argento wish he came up with that one. Unfortunately the rest of the film is a little boilerplate- gratuitous nude scenes with beautiful women, zombies munching on flesh, and plenty of bad dubbing.
½ May 8, 2016
After further evaluation, I finally get the appeal to Zombi 2. I found it much more entertaining this time around than my first which is odd, but credit must be given to those that deserve it. Zombi 2 is a blood, ferocious, and badass good time. The music and special effects are sick and glorious in all the right ways. Check it out!
May 8, 2016
Fulci and zombies, what more needs to be said.
½ May 1, 2016
Excelente! How that´s Fx ? Shark and Zombi? Drama genial
April 29, 2016
There is absolutely no point in trying to make any sense of this ridiculous, trashy movie (which is not even a sequel of anything despite its title), and so I guess the best thing to do is just enjoy the great score (really, it is great) and those laughable gory scenes.
April 27, 2016
Not filmed as a sequel to "Dawn of the Dead" but retitled a such for it's release as a blatant cash grab. I'm been fairly hard on my reviews of Lucio Fulci movies lately, but I suppose I'll add a third film to his list of okay films, those being "The Beyond," "House by the Cemetery" and this one. This is a Haitian set zombie film, but the zombies act more like Romero zombies. Fulci still relentlessly focuses on gore for no other reason than creating crude bloody sequences, as compared to say fellow Italian horror/thriller director Dario Argento who makes gory films, but does so in a visually arresting and suspenseful manner, versus Fulci's crude smash zooms on bloody eyeballs or whatever horrible things he's putting his actors through. Still, this film does get it's due for being a decent zombie survival horror film, particularly helped by a better than averaged exploitations film cast including Tisa Farrow, Ian McCulloch and Richard Johnson. I'll also say that I absolutely love the zombie fighting a shark scene, which I don't think has been done before or since then. Although this zombie film lacks the subtext or suspense of a Romero zombie picture, it does offer some crude horror enjoyment.
April 13, 2016
hilarious, over the top , terribly paced and slow, acted beyond abysmal and relentlessly mysoginist. Stylish for a heartbeat here and there, a few good frames and a pretty cool score but without stamina. Lucio Fulci eihter didnt have the means or the eye to be fully himself yet.
March 22, 2016
Its plot and characters are exactly what you'd expect. However, Zombie (or Zombi 2) has impressively disgusting makeup effects that actually managed to make me queasy. For that alone, I think it's worth a watch.
½ February 21, 2016
Full copy-paste of Night of the Living Dead, well-executed though, with impressive make-up.
February 5, 2016
Nice gore if you can get it; Lucio Fulci's 'Zombie' is surprisingly uneventful, but it leads to a great, gruesome climax that features the bloody action that the film promises. You'll just have to wait a bit while characters slog through the jungle.
January 20, 2016
Zombie fighting a shark
½ December 31, 2015
nice ending but I cant believe this was banned I expected more
November 25, 2015
Creature feature - on a bad weekend.