The Walking Dead
Log in with Facebook
Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Sign up here
and the Terms and Policies,
and to receive email from Rotten Tomatoes and Fandango.
Already have an account? Log in here
Please enter your email address and we will email you a new password.
We want to hear what you have to say but need to verify your account. Just leave us a message here and we will work on getting you verified.
Please reference “Error Code 2121” when contacting customer service.
No consensus yet.
All Critics (2)
| Fresh (0)
| Rotten (2)
Actual zombies are nowhere to be found in Zombie High, which instead comes off as a poor hybrid of The Stepford Wives and a vampire flick.
Low Budget horror comedy is a forgotten gem of the genre, one that is amusing for fans that are looking for a tongue in cheek horror film to watch. The film features the performance of a young Virginia Madsen. Zombie High overall is a decent time waster with nothing great going for it, but for what it is a, manages to be an entertaining horror comedy that is better than you might think. However it does leave room for improvement, and there are aspects of the film that should have been much better. As it is, it's a decent affair, one that is good for what it tries to accomplish, but at the same time you do want a bit more substance to the film. But that is to be expected from a low budget, Straight to Video title. Despite the movie's shortcomings, Zombie High is entertaining, and for the most parts will surely appeal to diehard horror fans. There are some good ideas that are present within the film, but they never seem to come to fruition due to an underdeveloped script, which if it would have been rewritten and reworked, would surely have been a terrific and memorable horror film. Zombie High is a flawed picture, one that is worth seeing, but it never seems to take off with its interesting ideas, and you can only imagine how good the film might have been if the film's script would have been reworked a bit more. Nonetheless, it's a decent, worthwhile film to watch if you enjoy low budget, cheesy forgotten gems of the genre. The film is decent overall, and it's worth watching, just don't expect a great film with this one, you're surely going to be disappointed.
14 notes about Zombie High:
1) It was Virginia Madsen's 10th movie, and among her earliest leading roles.
2) Sherilyn Fenn (billed as 'Sherilynn') is her roommate. This was her 6th movie, and a year before capturing attention in Two Moon Junction.
3) Although set in a preparatory school, none of the cast looks younger than 22.
4) Madsen introduces herself as Andrea (ANN-dree-ah) but nobody pronounces it the same, from ON-dree-uh to even her boyfriend Barry always getting it wrong with ahn-DRAY-uh. So there's your drinking game.
5) There are no zombies in Zombie High and Andrea even declares, "You're all a bunch of vampires!"
6) The wretched music score is among the worst ever heard, from the awful synth lovesongs that would embarrass Billy Ocean to the ill-advised use of freeform jazz drum fills during scenes intended to increase tension. Furthermore the soundtrack is mixed too loudly, often drowning out dialogue.
7) Zombie High is among the least horrifying horror movies you will find.
8) There are more intentional laughs (two) than scares (zero).
9) There are more unintentional laughs (about five) than intentional ones.
10) Zombie High was partially funded by the USC School of Film & TV and does not represent a positive endorsement for enrollment.
11) Plot of student mind control reminiscent of 1998's The Faculty.
12) "We are only here today because of my discretion!" professor Philo declares after a loud discussion in a public area about their secret experiments.
13) It's daytime, no wait, now it's night. It's day! It's night! A week has passed, or was that a month? Do not expect a coherent passage of time.
14) Credits disclaimer states that "any similarity to persons living, dead, or undead is coincidental "
"I thought you'd gone, you said you didn't want to be here anymore."
"Well...I changed my mind."
There are no approved quotes yet for this movie.