Reviews

• May 04, 2019

BEAUTIFUL WORK OF ART, LITERALLY DIVINE

BEAUTIFUL WORK OF ART, LITERALLY DIVINE

• May 12, 2012

Too self-consciously "cult" for its own good. The premise is just an excuse for geeky in-jokes - Tom Savini plays Jesus! The main character's last name is "Argento"! Robert Z'Dar plays a detective on the hunt for a "maniac cop"! - which aren't enough to sustain a feature, and in the end it just boils down to the director droning on about how many b-grade horror movies he's seen. Some individual bits get away with it (Uwe Boll's introductory speech, Lloyd Kaufman's scenes as the janitor, William Smith as the Devil, Z'Dar's... whatever he's meant be doing), but ultimately - in spite of the disclaimer - it's actually quite boring.

• May 23, 2010

Pretty low budget and poorly made, even by Troma standards. However, it does have a few funny parts and it does have some cool character actors like Tom Savini, William Smith, Linnea Quigley, Robert Z'Dar, and directors Lloyd Kaufman (Troma president) and Fred Olen Ray. I mainly watched it for William Smith, who had a ridiculous store bought looking version of Tim Curry's devil outfit from "Legend". For Troma fans only.

• Jun 04, 2009

Bad. I'm sick of running into movies filmed with a handycam.

Bad. I'm sick of running into movies filmed with a handycam.

• Apr 17, 2009

I was absolutely amazed at how incompetent the filmmaking is here. How does one get a job being a Director or Cinematographer with such little knowledge of how a film is constructed? I was so baffled that I actually listened to the Director's Commentary and found out just how saddened the Director was by this film. The man sounds beaten down by life, like this film removed all faith he had in filmmaking. Near the end the film picks up a tad in quality and production value, and there a few moments of cinematic-ness, but overall Zombiegeddon is a stupidly cheesy, stragely entertaining, vaguely depressing Zombie extravaganza.

• Mar 06, 2009

Kakvih sam se sve zombi budalastina nagledao, ovo i nije tako lose. Mada, sa ovakvim glumcima, moglo je i moralo bolje. Still, solidno zabavan niskobudzetni filmic.

• Dec 09, 2008

Now this was a tough watch. No matter how jam-packed this film is with all sorts of horror genre icons, that still was not enough to save this Tromatic turd! This movie was just plain awful. I WILL say that there were plenty of ridiculous and laugh out loud moments at the sheer lunacy of this film. Brinke Stevens just gets done fucking Jesus Christ (Tom Savini) who informs her of the impending apocalypse. She goes on her radio DJ job and tells the world of two very dirty corrupt cops who wind up being the heroes of the film as they go around killing kung-fu zombies brought to Earth by Satan. No...I'm not kidding. There's also tigers running around and rampart homoeroticism. Lloyd Kaufman and Robert Z'Dar walk around with limps, Joe Estevez looks mildly retarded, and Felissa Rose is the hottest piece of ass in this film. Don't even bank on the nudity in this film to be awesome. Only disgusting women get naked in this movie. Wow. Uwe Boll even shows up at the beginning of this film to tell you how awful it is. For once, I wish I had listened to him.

• Jun 06, 2008

ok, i'm a great fan of troma prod: toxic avenger, class of nuke em all, tromeo and juliet... but this movie is really a pure shit. the cost might not hav exceed 10 bucks, and i count large.

• Jun 01, 2008

Yeah, this is bad, but at least it's not filled with the kind of pretentious posturing you find in a lot of indie zombie flicks (Shatter Dead, Feeding the Masses, etc.). The humour is similar to Try Parker and Matt Stone's work, which doesn't really appeal to me, but again, I see what director Chris Watson was going for a I respect him for it. Still better than Todd Sheets' ZOMBIE BLOODBATH.

• Apr 11, 2008

You know... I hate to trash an indie film, especially when it's filmed around here. But... I'll be damned! The acting is terrible, the characters are utterly unlikable... except for Cage, the evil cop turned hero towards the end... I wanted him to have those grits from the Waffle House. The camera work is a little off. And seeing as this is a trash comedy, it probably doesn't make a whole hell of a lot of sense to get pissy about the plot. So we'll skip this for now... And seriously... Joe Estevez has to be the shame of the Sheen family.