Zombies (I Eat Your Skin)(Voodoo Blood Bath)(Zombie Bloodbath) - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Zombies (I Eat Your Skin)(Voodoo Blood Bath)(Zombie Bloodbath) Reviews

March 31, 2012
Despite the misleading title, this little "zombie" flick had me entertained. Very over-acted, a see-through plot and an unorthodox happy ending, but still, I enjoyed it. Not the best zombie flick, but given the budget, it's easy to see why. Looping a-plenty throughout, as well.
April 4, 2011
From 1964. The acting, editing, and script are pretty bad in this movie. It's a lot like other horror movies of the early 60s, with a very predictable ending, and some silly stuff thrown in just because. The zombies are slightly scary, but there was too much voodoo dancing and too less zombies. Plus, no eating of skin! Overall, a pretty bad movie.
March 20, 2011
Fun piece of shit movie. It stinks like somebody stepped on it. Glad I saw it on a Saturday night... no other way to enjoy something like this. The fact is one must be aware of the film one watches, so it shouldn't surprise that it's far from a decent film, but still I'll give it a full star rating.

By the way, where was the "skin" in the movie?... was it the babes by the pool? Oh, well... at least they made up with the sophisticated SFX (LOL)
½ February 7, 2011
Ummmmm....did I miss the part where they ate the skin?

While this has a few funny moments (high on camp, low on gore & fear), as a whole it was a bit slow.

And for some reason they appear to have dubbed (badly) the voice of "Coral" (one of the main characters) with the most ridiculous grating "Jersy" voice, to spite the fact that the film was made in English and the actress was born in Florida?

But Coral's voice over is just the tip of the "off putting" things about the film, which include - horrible edits, ridiculous make-up and special effects.

A must for fans of "B" (C?) movies and the history of the "horror" genre in general.
½ January 16, 2011
I Eat Your Skin (1964) -- [3.5] -- Beneath the Lewtonesque title is a gitchy rip-off of James Bond meets the Scooby Doo Mysteries. It's not nearly as bad as it could have been. The script moves remarkably well on its fumes of inspiration, the soundtrack is groovy, and some of the cast, including William Joyce as the womanizing hero, know exactly what kind of movie they're in. The title's promise is an empty one, though -- there's no actual cannibalism in the movie, and the zombie makeup is more peculiar than effective.
July 29, 2010
Ehhh, nothing that great. And this is actually from 1964, NOT 1978 as stated above
½ November 10, 2009
To be honest, I'm very experienced in the genre of horror, zombie movies or otherwise, par having seen a good few classics like Dawn of the Dead, Day of the Dead, Night Of The Living Dead, Zombie 2, etc. of which id call myself a fan, but, after having seen this movie, "I Eat Your Skin" otherwise known as "Voodoo Blood-Bath", I decided to see what other people thought about the movie, particularly on this website. I, personally LOVED IT! I thought it was a really good watch, I felt the story was well structured, und if I had of been around back then in 1964 to see it, id have gone so far as to say that the story is believable! that to me, is HORROR. a film that provokes the audience und tricks the audience into thinking, "wow, this might or could have actually happened!" don't get me wrong, its very very funny in parts too, some could say for the wrong reason. Of course the movie was cheesy, the acting was very silly, und the over dubbing was hilarious! but I see this as more to the charm of the whole experience. a really funny example of bad over-dubbing in this movie is where in a scene the natives of the island that the movie is set in are dancing around, und one woman is holding a chicken, and the chicken is meant to be squawking, as it would. but the overdubbing appears to be a human making ridiculous sounds! I'd also like to mention the soundtrack, which i reckon did the experience a lot of favours, as it was actually really good! Call it cliché to love a movie for its cheesiness, but I give this a well deserved 4/12/5, und I truly recommend it to any fan of horror who isn't too judgemental (then again, most horror, you just cant be judgemental about).
½ October 1, 2009
Naff zombies, bad acting and a shitty narrative aside, its watchable. Mild moments of enjoyment but not at all graphic and a lame ending. Also has the most annoying actress in it (im sure you know which i mean). Oh and its very very racist.
½ June 24, 2009
For a low budget voodoo zombie flick it isn't terrible. The story is mediocre, the acting isn't great and zombie make-up is pretty bad, but this aside it's alright with a couple of good scenes. More interesting, however, is the racial subtext. Peculiar title too.
February 9, 2009
Writer and agent leave poolside resort for Voodoo Island where locals are being transformed to zombies in diabolical world domination plot. Very poor and understandably sat unreleased for several years.
½ October 7, 2008
The least threatening zombies ever put on film. And there is NO EATING OF SKIN! Do not listen to the lies!
September 17, 2008
wow i have just seen this movie 4 the 1st time n think that this is a good movie 2 watch...this has got a good cast of actors/actressess throughout this movie...i think that the director of this Horror, Classics movie had done a good job of directing this movie because its really freaky but its never scared me...this has got some good action scenes throughout this movie...i think that this is a really ridiculous plot is see through but its enjoyable zombie movie 2 watch...this has got a good cast of actors/actressess throughout n its enjoyable as well
September 5, 2008
August 19, 2008
No 4/50 in the chilling collection - this was much more like it. 1968 b/w but brilliant, with a GSOH and a nice dose of tribal racism. No skin eating of any kind, btw.
August 7, 2008
Its a pretty low budget B movie about voodo zombies. Not a lot of action or great writing, but its a fun watch. I happen to enjoy watching 60 b movies and this wasn't that bad. I really liked the dancing sacrificial sequences a lot. I thought they were dne very well.
July 31, 2008
Crappy zombie flick from Del Tenney, who's HORROR OF PARTY BEACH was terrible but fun. Sadly, I EAT YOUR SKIN is in keeping with Tenney's other films: just plain bad. The zombie make-up is passable.
½ July 24, 2008
Fantastic!! This is one of two flicks from the zombie genre that had me initially intrigued in my childhood.
Gotta love integrity.
½ June 30, 2008
despite the entertainingly bad continuity problems throughout the film, it's actually not all that terrible. yeah, it's stupid and lame...but those are the very reasons that it's watchable...just don't expect any skin to be eaten like the title suggests...because you'll be disappointed.
½ June 5, 2008
There are parts of this movie that are almost funny...as in, you get your hopes up that this is going to get really campy. Then your hopes are dashed and it just keeps sucking.

And no one is eating anyone else's skin. Sorry for the spoiler.

William Joyce is terrible and rigid as the leading man. And his his character is a douche bag, in a way that's all: DUDE YR NOT JAMES BOND!

The use of voodoo in this movie is ridiculous. There is one part during some voodoo dance where the leader of the voodoo group looses his hair! As in, he is dancing and his hair pieces falls off. No more dreadlocks for him...and then he puts them back on to chase after people?!?!?
½ May 23, 2008
Women get beaten. All the foreign good guys get killed. Pretty good music though