Zone Troopers - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Zone Troopers Reviews

½ January 3, 2016
Mostly clean and very entertaining comic book type. Includes WWII military fights; sci-fi; humor; serious scenes; sad scenes; mostly well placed background music; good special effects (don't expect high quality in a 1985 film); great script.
½ December 25, 2015
Enjoyably goofy Charles Band Empire Pictures production. The story is set in WWII Europe when an group of US G.I.s come across a crashed spaceship. They end up befriending the alien, who helps them fight the dirty Nazis. The film has an enjoyably comic book style to it and I think an apt comparison is the film version of "The Rocketeer" which was also written by the same team, Danny Bilson & Paul De Meo (Bilson also directed), who wrote this film. Charles Band regular Tim Thomerson stars in the film, and the supporting cast includes familiar faces Timothy Van Patten and Art LaFleur. There is also an solid music score by producer Band's brother, Richard Band. Probably one of Band's better productions, though just shy of being as as good as the likes of "Re-Animator" or "Trancers."
August 10, 2015
This is probably the best bad movie I have ever seen in my opinion. It is funny and surprisingly has authentic props and enjoyable characters. Obviously this is a "bad movie", but I enjoyed it a lot.
February 3, 2015
Lame, why a tommygun with that big bbl.dumb
December 22, 2014
More B-movie fluff for Tim Thomerson to revel in, this time he's behind enemy lines in WWII but his squad gets wiped out, on top of that he must content with an alien that has crashed its ship in the area.

Excellent film title which really gives you high hopes for a rockin flick and to a degree you do get a pretty decent action film with lots of gun action and Nazi blasting. The first half of the film isn't too bad and along the lines of the 'Dirty Dozen' minus the better acting skills and top cast of course. As the alien comes into the plot the film still manages to hold its own but towards the end of the story we meet more aliens which look suspiciously like humans with white hair in rather campy outfits.

This is where things start to get a bit Flash Gordon looking with crappy ray guns, bad outfits and a dodgy looking spacecraft. Shame really as the first crashed spaceship looked quite good and the stranded alien actually had a decent mask plus a look not far too from something you might see in the Mos Eisley space cantina in 'Star Wars' (the aliens we meet towards the end are male and different from the stranded alien which is female).

Very basic but fairly fun and amusing how no one ever seems to be that shocked to find visitors from outer space.
½ June 16, 2014
WWII Europe, G.I's, Aliens, and Nazi's - what more could you ask for?--An extra point for the enthusiasm and joyful spirit!!
December 22, 2012
Brilliant fun, excellent scenes for the era of film. Me and Dave have decided we need to get the rating up!!!
January 11, 2012

"Pinch me Dolan, did I just KO Hitler?"-Private Mittens (Art LaFleur)

Despite its B-movie status, it features great costumes, wardrobe, decent actors, props and production value. Dumb to be sure, but it's tons of fun.
October 17, 2011
The movie starts out just like a standard low budget WW2 movie setup: ragtag group of GIs is caught behind German lines and have to fight their way out. Luckily, this is in Italy so the Germans are a little way out on the end of their supply lines as well. We get all the standard war movie clichés: the gruff Sarge who can't die, the comic relief kid from Brooklyn with his pulp magazines, the green Lieutenant just out of training school, the grizzled Corporal who's been through hell and high water with The Sarge and the hard-bitten, cynical reporter/photographer who tags along.

Into this setup comes strange goings-on in the form of a crash landed alien spaceship. And this is where things get interesting and fun. Things just get more ridiculous from there, with a blown-up spaceship, magical alien gizmos that make Rita Hayworth appear, and even a cameo appearance from Adolf Hitler himself, just so one of the heroes can punch him right in the face!!

If this scenario doesn't make you want to watch it then you don't have a sense of humour as this movie has it's tongue planted firmly in cheek.
August 22, 2011
Terrible terrible acting.
½ April 30, 2011
Ok it's very bad but I still liked it.

This movie is about a group of WWII soldiers who encounter alien ship and it goes to an adventure involving Nazis and aliens.

This movie was On demand for free so I just decided to watch it because the plot sounded "interesting". I will give this movie a rotten review for obvious reasons it was very bad but in some strange way I loved it. It was completely enjoyable but under technicalities I have to give this a rotten review however, I 100% recommend it since it makes you laugh enough though your not supposed to. It does however stay interesting surpassed its stupidity.

50% Like I said I'd lose all credibility if I gave this a good review but I do recommend it. Completely enjoyed it. However, I warn you it was very bad.
March 23, 2011
Pretty good sci-fi flick, even if the premise is kinda dumb. It's WW2 and some soldiers find a crashed alien spaceship. It's good, but a couple of goofy moments drag it down a little. Worth the watch, And A Personal favorite of mine.
March 14, 2011
Danny Bilson likes to take fantasy and Sci-Fi elements and throw them into unexpected places. Case in point, two of his films Zone Troopers and The Rocketeer each feature the protagonist(s) in an epic battle against the Nazi's during World War II.
Zone Troopers tells the story of a group of rag-tag soldiers trekking through Italy in 1944. Led by a hard-ass Sergeant, the three men find themselves behind enemy lines. Little do they know, the area is crawling with Nazi's who are there searching for the crew of a downed UFO which crashed in the area.
This film is a lot of fun to watch! Yes, it is cheesy but these types of movies are meant for the sole purpose of entertaining an audience and with the talent both behind and in front of the camera Zone Troopers does this and much more.
½ December 29, 2010
Typical Saturday afternoon movie you saw as a kid. Let's see...Nazis, aliens and the US Army...Could it get any better?

Fun in a cult film kinda way.
½ November 7, 2010
Could have been better. I would have shot the reporter or at least leave him alone in his situation.
½ August 11, 2010
(Watched Thu 22 Nov 2007)
½ September 23, 2009
In Italy, during World War II, a Nazi ambush leaves 4 soldiers, including one of my favorite horror genre actors Tim Thomerson (Dollman, Trancers, etc), excellent character actor Art LaFleur (Hostage), Timothy Van Pattern, and Biff Manard (all of whom deliver some warm and entertaining performances surprisingly), behind enemy lines where they not only contend with hostile Nazis, but also aliens and their crashed ship. While the alien action is somewhat scarce throughout the bulk of the film, the four lead characters offer up enough entertainment to make this a better than average low-budget war/sci-fi film. The acting was exceptional, the story was actually entertaining, and the John Carl Buechler (an icon in the horror industry for effects and direction) special effects are always welcome in my house. Honestly, this film was a nice little surprise and really deserves to be released on DVD one day. Great, fun little flick.
July 24, 2009
cheesy but entertaining to say the least.
February 3, 2009
one of the weirdest movies I ever have seen but rather interesting at times. This is one of those "I can't look away it's so weird" movies. Great scene where an American solder punches hitler in the face. I don't think that's ever happened in a movie before. REALLY WEIRD and STRANGE.