Zoo Reviews

• Oct 21, 2014

If I could allot negative stars to this abomination, I would do so without a moment's hesitation.

• Jul 10, 2014

Zoo is bizarre, disturbing, and yet magical in the way it presents itself. However, it sometimes gets too artistic for it's own sake, and as a result the narrative can be lost under the piles of stunning cinematography.

• Apr 20, 2014

"Nobody gets me like you do Mister Ed, you're such a good listener." Fantastic direction of a rejected "Twilight Zone" story. Creepy and fascinating.

• Feb 07, 2014

"Zoo" pulls off the seemingly impossible - it is a tasteful, stylish, fascinating, creative, thought provoking documentary (docudrama?) about a man who was killed having sex with a horse. It really is hard to describe the film. Some have faulted the film for humanizing zoophiles since much of it is narrated by colleagues of the dead man. The animal rescue folks and others provide a counter point to their narration, so I feel it was more a matter of not spoon feeding the audience how they "should" feel, but allow the audience to decide on their own.

• Feb 10, 2013

This is a disjointed mess of a movie. I'm not exactly sure what the hell I just saw

• Jan 06, 2013

Creepy score but this doc stinks worse than manure.

Creepy score but this doc stinks worse than manure.

• Jan 05, 2013

Feels too much like an experimental short film stretched into a feature.

Feels too much like an experimental short film stretched into a feature.

• Dec 31, 2012

Odd subject, oddly presented.

Odd subject, oddly presented.

• Apr 30, 2012

Totally different than I thought, it focuses more on character study than it does on the actual case. However, there is a moment that might not make you feel comfortable.

• Apr 18, 2012