Zoot Suit - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Zoot Suit Reviews

April 9, 2009
An interesting movie.
½ March 25, 2009
Brilliant; just complex and Edward James Olmos is great!
January 15, 2009
nominated for best picture at the golden globes
August 15, 2008
I love this movie. It's been a favorite of mine ever since I was seven or eight years old.
½ July 13, 2008
From the first 10 or 15 minutes, I didn't think I'd like it. After it got going, I loved it. The language, the attitude, the movement. Check it out
July 12, 2008
So love this movie!!! "Esa"
½ July 5, 2008
"The Press distorted the very meaning of the word "Zoot Suit." All it is for you guys is another way to say Mexican "
June 11, 2008
Saw this in a movie house when it came out; watched it again after becoming a Battlestar fan. It remains excellent. Olmos should do more singing in his current career.
May 15, 2008
This is certainly an interesting movie. Get ready for a weird trip.
The story deals with a lot of racial issues (Mexican) of the 1940's... social, legal, cultural, etc. I liked the Zoot Suit guy, as he always kinda represented this "badass" Mexican inside the main character. -and Zoot Suits are really crazy looking.
April 24, 2008
Saw this for a class after watching a compelling documentary about it. While the documentary did the true events justice, the movie--and I rarely say this-- was abysmal.
March 31, 2008
I love this movie, great adaptation of the play. The music and acting is awesome! I think what really attracts me to everything is just the was I can associate with the Chicano culture and it's roots such as the Pachuco lifestyle.

½ February 21, 2008
Very unique; I liked it.
February 14, 2008
½ February 5, 2008
If you live in California this is a must see!
February 3, 2008
It took me a while to get over the theatricality of the production but once i did, i found myself immersed in its lush atmosphere. the acting wasnt outstanding but some performances were memorable and the symbolism was fun to decipher as well...any person interested in cultural studies, especially in Chicano film would definitely appreciate this!
January 13, 2008
I've seen it like 3 times
December 5, 2007
For all my Cultural Studies College students, Mural Painting students and future teachers in training, get ready this is the first film you will watch in my class! Highly recommend this film for anyone interested in cross-cultural relations, sociology and art in the historical and critical pedagogy perspective.
November 17, 2007
Refleja la vida de los hijos de mexicanos nacidos en Estados Unidos, los llamados "chicanos" pusieron de moda el estilo "pachuco" de vestir, misma moda que fue adoptada por la poblacion negra e aquel entonces para reclamar sus derechos ante las leyes norteamericanas...
Si se llegan a encontrar, pues no duden en verla, para que sepan lo que digo; aunque es una especie de musical esta peli.
November 16, 2007
Everyone has to has to has to see this movie. I saw it for the first time in my Chicano Studies class at UCSB.
October 20, 2007