Zorro, the Gay Blade - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Zorro, the Gay Blade Reviews

August 1, 2012
One of my favorite movies from my childhood...Probably saw it close to 100 times as a kid. I have not seen it in 25 years or so. Still a fun movie to watch after all that time...and I remembered so much of it.
½ July 30, 2012
Surprisingly funny thanks to an above average script, Brenda Vaccaro's deadpan, and a completely committed dual performance by George Hamilton.
½ April 15, 2012
An annoying score, weak cast and silly premise sliced up this turkey to shreds.
April 8, 2012
Totally disrespectful, and politically un-correct, but funny!
½ April 2, 2012
A NEW TWIST ON THE MASKED AVENGER, MANY LAUGHS AND VERY INTERTAINING !
January 30, 2012
tacky, silly and funny film
September 10, 2011
I have to admit, this is one of my favorites. It has stupid humor, granted, but I think it's better than a lot of the humor in newer movies.
½ July 31, 2011
Hilarious! Great lines and perfect if you need a good laugh. George Hamilton is a fantastic, comical Zorro and the supporting cast is equally silly & look like they had a great time making this. This movie is a family favorite and constantly quoted by everyone. I laugh throughout every time I see it. Good , silly fun.
June 9, 2011
ZORRO, THE GAY BLADE (1981)
½ March 11, 2011
Curiosity definitely killed the cat or rather it should have killed me. Funny, stupid and all of the above...
March 2, 2011
one of the funniest laugh-aloud movies of all time. only the veddy veddy politically correct could fail to be amused.
February 9, 2011
silly funny but not enough, even with Brenda Vaccaro
½ January 17, 2011
One bit, two bits, three bits a peso!
All for Zoro, stand up and say so!

I love this old cinemax classic!
½ December 14, 2010
Funny and wonderfully over-the-top, this nevertheless drags when it reaches the second half.
½ April 29, 2010
What a cool take on Zorro Funny beyond words
½ April 22, 2010
It's not perfect, but it has aged very well throughout the years and still inspires plenty of laughs.
February 12, 2010
One of the FUNNIEST movies I have ever seen. A hidden gem. Everyone should watch this movie!
February 6, 2010
Great silly movie that I spent days quoting with a dude a work.
"The ships in the sea?
No. The ships in the fields. You know, the little ba ba bas!"
January 30, 2010
Perfect adventure comedy. George Hamilton's Zorro is more than mere spoof. His Zorro despite the jocular humor is as sincere a performance as Tyrone Power and more charming than Antonio Banderas and both Zorro's were excellent on film. Of course I speak of Don Diego as for Bunny Wigglesworth (or Ramone, the flamboyant twin brother their father shipped to the British navy) thats a whole different creation. The British dandy when disguised as the rogue approaches the character with all the flare of a fashion designer. Actually in truth this hyper stylish Zorro could be compared into some sense the Scarlett Pimpernel. The humor in this film of course centers arounds stereotypes but they are never coarse or mean spirited and all is done in equal measure. The humor is somewhat akin to a Mel Brooks film or Looney Tunes. Which in this day of gross out humor, sugar coated/potty mouth kids flicked, and ultra serious remakes and reboots we could use a bit of lighthearted fun back into theaters.
January 18, 2010