Zu Warriors - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Zu Warriors Reviews

October 30, 2014
Fun epic, inventive, but some of the special effects are also rather dated now
February 16, 2014
The dubbed version, which is apparently also missing 20 minutes of footage, is on Netflix. As usual, the dubbing is awful. This version makes little sense and plays like an episode of Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers. The effects are better than average, but the story is so choppy it just becomes all flash. Even the talented Zhang Ziyi can't save this.
½ December 7, 2013
Typical Tsui Hark movie with lots of weird pieces and nonstop action.
½ November 25, 2012
And you thought the "Star Wars" prequels were deplorable. A 104-minute exercise in everything that is wrong with post-handover Hong Kong cinema via writer, producer, director Tsui Hark, who in his prime was one of the former British colony's greatest auteurs.
½ November 15, 2012
Great movie but I felt could had more story to it
September 11, 2012
well crafted epic with lots of EFX
August 1, 2012
25%

Very rarely do I ever say this, it was almost unwatable. The worst kind of CGI. Sorry Mr. Hark.
½ July 29, 2012
A big-budget remake which lacks the charm and camp-value of the original. Disappointingly boring.
½ March 13, 2012
a bit cool fighting scenes but...Didn't understand much of it...
February 29, 2012
The special effects were pretty darn amazing at times, and I'm usually a big fan of foreign films, but this one fell flat on its face for me.
December 30, 2011
I was expecting a movie like "Hero" but even though the visuals and fight scenes are beautiful, the story is confusing and I found the whole quite cold and lacking feelings.
April 17, 2011
Felt like I was watching what is inside the mind of a 6 year old while he plays with action figures.
Trite and overdone to the max.
blagh...
April 13, 2011
A bit perplexing high-fantasy wuxia which to western tastes falls irredeemably in the magic realm of kitsch. Ingenous, outlandish, but silly: in one word, Zu-Landerish.
January 16, 2011
2nd class special effects with a story somewhere hidden deep..
½ October 26, 2010
En av de knasigaste filmer jag sett. Fullt spett på CGI-effekterna men dialogen och handlingen är som en vers i Eddan.
½ October 6, 2010
The heavy-handed approach to the slim story bogs the film down so badly that even hardcore fans will find their patience tested to the limits as they wait in vain hope for some of the old excitement to arise.
½ September 27, 2010
I am a big Tsui Hark fan. And the wire work of Yuen Wo-ping is amazing. That said, I really wanted to see this remake, or reinvention or whatever it is. But I was greatly disappointed. It?s not even the valiant effort in the effects department. It?s just that it was a whole lot of stuff that was trying to be said and it was just a jumbled mess. You couldn?t get too into the action or the story. There were a couple of good scenes in the last act, but too late. This must have been a pet project for Tsui Hark because it just didn?t seem like anything special to me.
½ September 20, 2010
Hankalasti seurattava wuxia-tv-folklore-draama, kauas ei pudota power rangersista toiminnan suhteen, tarina kummallinen satu, jossa lukuisia korneja muistinmenetysluolia ja universumin henkisia ytimia pidetaan itsestaan selvina faktoina, ei siis tarvitse selittaa katsojalle, lopulta stoorista ei oikein tajua/jaksa tajuta mitaan ja homma paatyy paattomaksi kakalta nayttavaksi tehosteplajaykseksi...
September 16, 2010
One of the most awfull movie i've ever seen. It was hard to watch it completely...
½ May 29, 2010
Hong Kong adventure/action.

It felt like I was watching a childrens movie, simple plot, little violence, almost no blood and no kissing (only hugs). The special effects was horrible. The actors showed they could do some really nice fighting, in the few scenes where they actually did something. No I really didn't like this movie..