Get Ready for Another "Stir of Echoes"

David Koepp's "Stir of Echoes" is one of the more underrated chillers of the past several years, and I can only guess that it was a big hit on DVD, because Lionsgate is putting together a sequel. Only don't expect to see Koepp returning, nor the presence of leading man Kevin Bacon...

From Variety: "Rob Lowe will star in sequel "Stir of Echoes: The Dead Speak," to be produced and financed by Lionsgate. Ernie Barbarash wrote the script for and will direct the horror thriller, which begins shooting in mid-July in Toronto. Story revolves around a soldier who returns home from a tour of duty in Iraq only to be haunted by visions of the dead."

Ernie Barbarash previously directed "Cube Zero."

Comments

elziard

elzeard bouffier

nah.
it was a wannabe sixth sense.
it was good, but on the heels of shaymalan's hit, it was unable to distance the two.

May 17 - 07:42 AM

AgentONeal

Chris O'Neal

[b]Sweet![/b]
Maybe not so sweet.

Stir of Echoes is one of my favorite horror movies of the last ten or so years. Good stuff, and it's not a 'wannabe sixth sense.' It has it's own style to it, and it's very clever.

Though I'm a bit weary of the sequel.. I'll check it out. I like Rob Lowe.

May 17 - 08:02 PM

TheIceGhost

Harry Myland

I am a fan of the 1st one. I wish they would have stuck with the same family though because there was certainly room to continue that plotline with the little boy still being able to hear/see things. The fact that Kevin Bacon isn't in it is definately a downer as well, I liked him a lot in the first one. Oh well, this just gives me more hope that Serenity 2 will come :)

May 18 - 01:44 AM

FILMCZY

First Last

Blockbuster Video has already cleared a space for this one...

May 18 - 07:13 AM

puablo

Josh Jones

[b]MAKE IT STOP[/b]
I'm one of the 2% of people out there that thought the Sixth Sense was crap and Stir Of Echoes was good. Not phenomenal, just good. Either way, the idea of a sequel is absurd, and if it doesn't even follow the same family, then this just screams "direct-to-video".

May 18 - 07:12 PM

CenoBiteMe2000

Ghoul God

[b]Stir of Fondu[/b]
Rob Lowe. Was Antonio Sabado, Jr. busy?

May 19 - 02:02 AM

Critics Consensus
Critics Consensus

Transcendence is a Sci-Fi Snooze

Johnny Depp's Best Movies

Picture gallery of movie bears

Good Friday