Sam Jackson Gearing Up for Another "Long Kiss Goodnight"?

From the "sequels we never thought we'd be talking about" department...

While talking to the MTV Movies Blog, Samuel L. Jackson mentioned that he's been working with "Long Kiss Goodnight" director Renny Harlin, and the guys actually seem like they're about to hire some screenwriters for the thing!

Don't expect Geena Davis to return, though. Apparently the plot will revolve around the daughter of Davis' character, who seeks out Jackson's help when the you-know-what hits the fan.

Mr. Jackson considers the flick one of his personal favorites, and I can't disagree with the guy. It really is a perfectly mindless cable flick.

Source: MTV Movies Blog

Comments

Gimy

Gimy Moo

is there anything that CAN'T have a sequel? i can't believe Titanic 2 hasn't come out yet or even been written.

Jun 13 - 06:45 AM

arpeggio191

Carl Myers

sequels and remakes...i'm still waiting for the start wars episode III remake. maybe they'll have haden christiansen (who cares if i spelled that right) guest staring as Obi Wan.

Titanic 2 would be good, but only if i had a sweet second title, like "Titanic 2: The Big Sink" to be followed by "Titanic 3: Revenge of the Iceburg!"

The "!" is officially in the title cause it gives it angst!

Jun 13 - 06:54 AM

LEGENDc

Christopher Haskew

The Long Kiss Goodnight kicked so much ass. Of course the sequel wont be all that but Sam Jackson's Hennessey was a great character, easily one of my favorite roles of his.

Jun 13 - 07:20 AM

Gimy

Gimy Moo

for once, being serious...they REALLY REEEEEEEEEALLY considered a sequel for Titanic awhile there(back in like 2000) but they couldn't figure out a way to do it. zombies? yeah right. a prequel? the rising of the titanic?? they couldn't write it...thank god.

Jun 13 - 10:20 AM

South_park300

First Last

actually, the sequel they were considering for Titanic wasn't really a sequel, it was gonna show Rose's life after the Titanic or something like that. Could have been good at the time, but im glad they didnt make it

Jun 13 - 11:36 AM

Vasco

Vasco Fialho

pure crap

Jun 13 - 11:45 AM

Shatter24

Jeremiah Rancourt

Fan of The Long Kiss Goodnight, good action movie with some emotion and humor. Worthy of a decent follow-up, if they can re-create the chemistry of film one.

Jun 13 - 01:11 PM

bribios

brian wilson

I only saw Long Kiss Goodnight once, pretty soon after it came out on video, and I remember being surprised that it wasn't actually that bad. If I saw it recently I might have an entirely different opinion, but as it stands, I think they could pick worse movies in terms of sequels. Still, never saw this one coming.

Jun 13 - 01:39 PM

Boss Fan

Ron Schuckert

Like the original. This sounds ridiculous. But I'm in! Now bring on "The Last Boy Scout 2."

Jun 13 - 05:08 PM

Boss Fan

Ron Schuckert

Oh wait, that wouldn't make the original the "last" then. Guess it nwould have to be a prequel. In that case, on second thought, forget it.

Hey, props for replying to my own comment though.

Jun 13 - 05:11 PM

Boss Fan

Ron Schuckert

Hey, props for replying to my own comment though.

Jun 13 - 05:11 PM

GreenBastard

Craig Storey

SHIT!

Jun 13 - 08:09 PM

frogleg

Josh Quarles

I'm a fan of this movie, but a sequel without Davis makes no sense. Just write something new, fer cryin' out loud, and let Jackson play a similar character if he likes it that much.

Jun 14 - 05:20 AM

taran72

Dan Mills

I liked the movie a lot - but I no longer support sequels of any sort.

Jun 15 - 03:12 PM

Ethan Hawke's 10 Best Movies

The Hunger Games
The Hunger Games

New Mockingjay teaser trailer

Pictures of great movie apes

Gone Girl Trailer