Helix: Season 1 Reviews

• Jan 30, 2019

Dumb and boring. Avoid at al costs!

Dumb and boring. Avoid at al costs!

• Jan 24, 2019

What originally started off as an interesting series rapidly deteriorated into something I could barely tolerate. The science was accurate -- which was surprising, but the doctors did not behave in the "ethical" or scientifically logical way. For those with no scientific background it provides decent entertainment, and for those who do. You are left severely irritated at the stupidity and irrational (and illogical behaviour) of the scientists present.

• Nov 11, 2018

Badly acted, unrealistic portrayals. Lots of expense on special effects, so its a pity a bit more care wasn't taken with other aspects of the show.

• Oct 18, 2018

Only saw 3 episodes and hated it... felt like a crappy PG cable TV show. Nothing dark or scary about it.

• Feb 11, 2018

Entertaining and addictive, but a little predictable at times. Definitely worth watching!

• Jan 27, 2018

So bad. Bad acting, messy script, trivial story and really bad acting. I know I already said that.

• Jan 22, 2018

One tired TV trope after another, this was anything but fresh and original. They even have a good old fashioned love triangle, because what would a sci-fi show about an outbreak be without one? This show had me saying, "kill it with fire!" Too bad I wasn't talking about the contagion.

• Oct 21, 2017

Don’t even bother, you have seen this a thousand times. I wasn’t sure about the tv series. It sat on my Netflix queue for awhile, waiting for me to decide. Finally I pulled the trigger and started watching, and at first I was pleasantly surprised. Sadly, this surprise only lasted two episodes and then it began to bog down. I wasn’t sure how the pretext of CDC investigating a disease would work or how long the premise would last. I thought maybe it was about a legitimate CDC team and we would see them go to fight Ebola, Bubonic Plague, something man-made. I thought even if they made each season about a specific outbreak I would be good with that as well. So when the first episode revealed zombie like disease I was interested, but more wary. Sadly, the actual show seems to be about a group of “immortals” (approximately 500) who control a corporation and they want to either control or cleanse the world. Honestly the show never made it clear what exactly the consequences of those 500 immortals was, and by episode 10 I didn’t care to know anymore. This would explain why it only had a two season run. I have seen this in many many incarnations whether it was aliens, vampires, demons, or some super secret cabal of non-humans. Totally not worth it. The acting was good, I didn’t have a problem with the cast at all. I found some of the characters interesting and if they had kept with the CDC investigating worldwide outbreaks I would have been ok with that, at the very least I would have finished watching both seasons. Pros: The acting and the characters were interesting. Cons: The show itself is something we have seen in different incarnations a thousand times already. A small group of aliens/immortals/vampires and those struggling against them to stop their control. Just move on, don’t do it.

• Apr 22, 2017

Starts out promising but quickly degrades into a fuckfest oft cliche 90s plot twists and stupid character behaviour.

• Mar 02, 2016

Its intresting if you going round in round with a plot that make litle if no sense, its a good rush till the end.