After Life: Season 1 - TV Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

After Life: Season 1 Reviews

MILD SPOILERS.
Just finished watching this and think this is Gervais' best work after the Office. Obviously it doesn't climb as high as that pinnacle but it's still very good if you like dark humour ("I just threatened a six year old with a hammer"). Some of it does seem to be a bit of a platform for his views on modern life but it is still well put together, funny, moving, a bit silly and quite dark.

Whilst there is not an unhappy ending, it is by no means as scmaltzy as some people are making out so it's definitely worth the effort if you like Gervais.
March 18, 2019
this was beautiful to watch, however I just wish it had been a few episodes longer as I felt the lead character's turnaround was quite quick. Would have loved to see it develop more.
½ March 18, 2019
genius......if you loved Derek .....you will love this....Binge watch for sure
March 18, 2019
Magnificent cast, nice laughs and tears. Everything that is now standard in a Ricky Gervais production
March 17, 2019
even if Gervais has almost only two canine vampirish front teeth in his not so much comedic figure, this work is magnificent. the bloke is not very simpatic. he even doesn��?�?t have kids. but those aren��?�?t real issues. the only thing that really matters is the result. in this particular case, it is brilliant. simple, essential, both comedic and realistic, profundity and comedy fused together. love it. hope will materialise other seasons. but seriously doubt.
March 17, 2019
Funny, sad, cringy and moving.
March 17, 2019
Loved this show. I??ve watched the bit with rice pudding five times???
March 17, 2019
This show has heart. Somehow makes me laugh and cry and laugh again. Gervais has a touching way of understanding the human condition. Lives up to expectations. Which is a high bar indeed.
March 17, 2019
As someone who has lost a spouse this really spoke to me.
March 17, 2019
I loved it! An easy binge watch.