Alpha House: Season 1 Reviews

• Jun 24, 2019

Humorous view of DC politics

Humorous view of DC politics

• Jan 22, 2016

It isn't West Wing, but it's a lot funnier and more savvy than the critics have given it credit for. If you like political humor, give Alpha House a try.

• Mar 13, 2015

Way too inconsistent in both plot and comedic effect, the show only rises on the legs of John Goodman's inherent likability.

• Dec 06, 2013

My husband and I both crack up over this. If you are at all into any sort of politics or interested in human foibles, Washington D.C. or that particular species of human... "Republican" you should watch. If you like John Goodman... ditto. Watch for Bill Murray's cameo in the opening scene of the pilot... hilarious :-)

• Nov 16, 2013

Nothing ruins the suspension of disbelief like political dialog that was too-obviously written by those who disagree with it. I likely share the writers' politics, but this show would be much funnier if it took some rhetorical cues from it's dramatic Netflix analog, House of Cards.