Briarpatch: Season 1 Reviews

• 14h ago

Creative attempt in a very well worn-out thematic predicament. Mostly successful. Occasionally less so (when some acting is weak or unconvincing). Cinematography above average. Seems like there are significant storylines yet to be revealed.

• 1d ago

Plays like a book. Good supporting cast. Intriguing. Captivating Rosario. 21 minutes in, I'll see it through.

• 1d ago

Makes me think of twin peaks ambiance, but more fancy. Love it

Makes me think of twin peaks ambiance, but more fancy. Love it

• 4d ago

A southern noir 'murder mystery' story with a bunch of current issues loosely threaded into it, Briarpatch has a really unique visual style and is beautifully shot, with quirky humor and some great performances, not least by Rosario Dawson as the protagonist investigator and Jay R. Ferguson as her former best friend, possible current nemesis and crazy eccetric rich dude.

• Feb 19, 2020

Awesome first show from Andy Greenwald. Felt like watching Fargo Series, mixed with Twin Peaks.

• Feb 16, 2020

The best! Original and edgy. I love it!

The best! Original and edgy. I love it!

• Feb 15, 2020

I love it. Rosario is great and the cast is funny. refreshing tv, something different and mysterious with humor.

• Feb 12, 2020

Absolutely loved the show. Read the book and show is even better. The suspense, along with touches of humor, kept me riveted. I enjoyed several of the characters such as Pick Dill and Jake Spivey and can't wait to learn more about them. The animals made things seem out of control and lent an eerie touch. Looking forward to episode 2.

• Feb 11, 2020

Wonderfully noir. Great dialogue, interesting characters, can't wait to see where it goes.

• Feb 10, 2020