Butterfly: Miniseries Reviews

• Jan 27, 2019

The thing about this kid, is he/she wore so much makeup. I am female and wasn't allowed to wear makeup until I was in high school. Why is he? I don't get it. I was in huge trouble if i did. If someone wants to be the other sex, why does it have to be so exaggerated? And, who let's their kids control so much in the family. They are children. They don't get to make decisions that affect everyone in the family in such a negative way. These parents need a little bit of parent training. Who runs the family, the parents or the children? This was a bit ridiculous. It's not what I want, it's what Maxine wants... wt heck? Makes me think of Cornucopia kids. http://www.tritowncouncil.org/wp-content/uploads/Are-You-Raising-Cornucopia-Kids_Klein_based-on-Baldwin.pdf . these children have feelings of hopelessness and helplessness when everything is not being provided for them or when things do not go their way.

• Oct 29, 2018

Very engaging, emotional and seems to cover off the genuine concerns and hopes faced by families in such a situation. Good timing considering recent anti trans rhetoric in UK media this year

• Oct 28, 2018

I loved this story . Being trans myself and going through many similar experiencens I was so surprised how realistic this program is . Peopel have to quote one critic a lazy discriminatory understanding of trans issues . Most people want to understand and are open and and compassionate to trans folks ,others are just hateful. The later will probably never change . Thi should program should open eyes and minds to the realities and suffering of all family members. It is not something that can be brushed under the carpet without doing terrible damage to the child that will lead to self harm and worse . The long term outlook for families who don’t accept their children is usually incredibly sad and can never be repaired . This was realistic and hopefully trans children who watch this will know they are not alone and are not freaks ,but brave children facing something of that takes enormous courage with a community that will stand by them and have experienced similar experiences.