Clipped: Season 1 Reviews

• Aug 29, 2015

I want to love this show, I really do...But....It just isn't funny..The writing is uninspired and just plain old fashion bad..The jokes are tired..I love all of the characters an awful lot. I think they're sweet, cute and have so much potential with a decent script. I will keep watching because I want this show to succeed and I want to be able to continue to love these people for a long time to come..

• Aug 23, 2015

Great show, excellent writing, and a wonderful cast!

Great show, excellent writing, and a wonderful cast!

• Aug 18, 2015

Not entirely unpleasant, but mostly forgettable, it pales in comparison to the classic sitcoms it's trying to emulate. Even making some very obvious nods to Taxi (a small, irritating, and cheap, but well dressed boss, and a watered down Andy Kaufman b character) can't elevate this past being a benign time filler. It sometimes can lean towards heart warming, and manages the occasional punchy joke, but is ultimately flat. Lauren Lapkus' comedic talents are much underused, which is a shame because her work outside of this shows her to be a real up and comer, but here even she can't stand out on screen with what she's given to work with. George Wendt makes an enjoyable return to television, and has one of the show's most fleshed out characters, but despite his sitcom pedigree and prestige adding to the cast, I fear Clipped will soon be blotted out from even the most avid viewer's mind in years to come.

• Aug 04, 2015

TBS keeps rehashing terrible coidies and expect us to like them. Doesn't matter, Barbershop, Bar, Office building,.......terrible scripts, awful acting, and canned laughter......it's all the same crap.

• Jul 30, 2015

Love the character Ben, this show is growing on me.

Love the character Ben, this show is growing on me.

• Jun 21, 2015

I literally feel asleep while watching this, it was boring as hell and the jokes fall flat big time

• Jun 11, 2015

I think it's an overall fun show to watch, but I can see why it's getting a lot of hate - it feels like just another typical unfunny multi-camera sitcom that doesn't stand out and won't go past season 1. I think the premise itself is original and interesting - a group of former high school classmates who work together in a barbershop because they couldn't pursue their intended careers (which is also relatable) and that they were hired by another guy they went to high school with who bought the barbershop from an older man (George Wendt) who now just works there with people young enough to be his children. The problems with the show is that most of the lines are corny and unfunny, and Ben and Mo's heavy Boston accents are so unnecessary - just because it takes place in Boston it doesn't mean the main characters need accents. It's fine if the recurring minor characters like the Doyle sisters have accents but not the main characters. I'm just really glad the main female characters don't have accents - if that were the case the show would be completely unwatchable. Another problem with the show is that sometimes it tries too hard to be funny and I have a feeling most of the story lines will be predictable and full of clichés but I could be wrong. I think this show has potential and it can improve if they come up with more clever jokes without trying too hard, more original story lines that develop and end properly without leaving any major plot holes, and get rid of the guys' Boston accents, or at least make them more subtle