Cake: Season 1 Reviews

• Mar 02, 2020

I loved it. Kept me entertained!

I loved it. Kept me entertained!

• Dec 13, 2019

awful. weird for the sake of weird does not good art make. Just bad.

awful. weird for the sake of weird does not good art make. Just bad.

• Nov 26, 2019

Stupid...bad storytelling...the thing with the young girl rapping all the time makes no sense...I guess you need to be a young working-class woman in LA to appreciate her take on life...she's very unappealing...had to resort to "blue" humor to try to be funny...the audience is smarter than that...animation is not good...please throw this cake into the trash.

• Nov 07, 2019

Not funny and makes no sense. Not even worth a watch.

Not funny and makes no sense. Not even worth a watch.

• Oct 17, 2019

I don't know what I'm missing here, but most of the skits are just not funny. I've watched 4 episodes, and the best reaction was exhaling loudly out my nose. Everything else just leaves me asking myself "What the hell did I just watch?" I've really tried to like this show, but I just can't. I read the reddit reviews which are practically gushing about how good it is. Luckily people on this website are a little more level headed.

• Oct 17, 2019

Pretty much the closest thing there is to a modern day Liquid Television, except this doesn't seem so interested in doling out wannabe pilots pretending to be skits. Cake truly is aimless. Freeform. There. But it really should be renamed "Oh Jerome No: Also Cartoons".

• Oct 16, 2019

I think this is a show trying to be like another show called "Adult Swim" which it is not... I'll have to watch more episodes to be sure. Right now it seems geared toward people who are high or full on tripping.

• Oct 15, 2019

A great combination of live action and animation. The real standouts are "Quarter Life Poetry" and "Floaters." What a wonderful, eclectic and fun half hour. If there's something that doesn't grab you, just wait two minutes and something else will.

• Sep 27, 2019

Really not much to enjoy from the first episode. It felt like a minute mobile phone commercial in the first half. It just was not very interesting. It felt like each clip was trying to send a message but it was just not a message at all relevant and dull. Will update in the following episodes to see how they are.

• Sep 26, 2019

As the first reviewer, I'd say this show is probably better if your high?

As the first reviewer, I'd say this show is probably better if your high?