Dead to Me: Season 1 Reviews

• 2d ago

A perfect binge if you have a taste for dark and funny. Applegate is brave and fierce as a very angry woman who has every reason to be. You might find yourself liking characters that you want to see die in the next episode. Quite a ride.

• 4d ago

This series tries to hard. It doesn't want to be just a comedy, it doesn't want to be just a macabre drama. The end result is mess of ridiculous plot switches and red herrings. Netflix tries to make a humorous version of Bloodline and fails to deliver. It's a shame because Christina Applegate is at her best. This show made me long for Samantha Who because Applegate is a comedy treasure, but this show fails her. It fails us all.

• 4d ago

I watched this show on a whim, and it was incredible. The twist and turns in the plot really keep you hooked, it has some dry and black humor that really works, and of course the two leading ladies give some awesome performances. They should really be considered for some Emmy recognition 'cause you can tell they put a lot into their roles.

• Jun 10, 2019

Just happened to start watching this with my wife and WOW!!! Christina Applegate is absolutely amazing and Linda Cardellini is so creepy nice it's haunting. I never review things, but this is a MUST!!!

• Jun 09, 2019

Truly great show, nice sceneries, great story, great actors

Truly great show, nice sceneries, great story, great actors

• Jun 09, 2019

Well, that was not what I expected from the trailer. Unexpectedly engrossing, upsetting, heartwarming/wrenching tale of female relationships and how we can live with the unimaginable. Christina Applegate and Lisa Cardellini are great but are also supported superbly. Ten 22 minutes episodes make for tasty morsels but also a great binge. Bring wine.

• Jun 08, 2019

Eh...it started out interesting kinda...the actresses are good. But the overall story is kind of boring really.

• Jun 05, 2019

Amazing dark comedy. Definitely has a Dexter vibe. Every episode leaves you on the edge of your seat. Great story.

• Jun 05, 2019

Show really was interesting - Christina is amazing! My only complaint is to cut back on the swearing in, makes it hard to watch with kids in the house. She is professional real estate agent, but yet she talks like a bar fly. Besides the excessive offensive language, I really liked it!

• Jun 04, 2019

The show entertained me pretty well. I thought it was going to be my new favorite but it fell in some ways for me. The show is in between a comedy and mystery and it's not as funny as it could be, and the mystery isn't that mysterious for us. The subtle twist do keep us on the edge as you put it. Christina Applegate doesn't have the improv she could use to make us laugh. Linda Cardellini's characer is slightly more funny, but the writers just aren't making us laugh out loud like they could. They Telegraphed Judy and Jen's different personalities. Judy is over the top Empathic and feely while Jen is over the top high-strung and all too often insensitive. They're the Yen to each other's Yang, but I'd have to say Jen's character and personality is less becoming. To me, Judy is a more pleasurable character even though she's slightly unstable within her ultra loving and superstitious personality also. If they can make some character development for Jen in the next season's to come, I think that would be great. Jen's mother in Law Lorna is the funniest person in this show. When Lorna first meets Judy, they really make it seems like Lorna is on to Judy and make her to be really creepy as though she was staring into Judy's soul. That went away after the Birthday Party for Ted. To be honest, the funniest parts of the show were when Lorna was communicating with Jen, because Lorna's so funny and still has some power and "matriarchy" over Jen that balances Jen's character out in a comedic way that also advances the plot for even the little moment's we get with Lorna. I totally think there's more to Detective Perez that meets the eye. It's very bizarre how she picks her priorities of which cases are more important to her and it isn't really adding up. Perez has been very work-shy when it comes to solving some of the bigger cases that would help Jen and hurt Judy, and it's my suspicion that Judy's bf may have had some connections or payoffs with detective Perez. I could be wrong. We saw detective Perez notice some dropped paint on the ground when investigating the money laundering case and that is probably going to be something expanded upon in season two. Also, I have a feeling the connections that Judy had with bf Steve might get Judy and Jen in some drama. Overall, I think show was pretty good. I thought I would give it an 85 -90% on the Tomatometer.