Dead to Me: Season 1 Reviews

• 12h ago

I reviewed this one before, but it vanished, so here again: Christina Applegate's performance (along with Linda Cardellini's) is amazing, and I am really happy to see her in a role/script that offers the opportunity to reveal the actress she actually is - versatile, dramatic, nuanced and credible! Priceless scenes: Her coping in the car with metal music.

• 3d ago

A perfect binge if you have a taste for dark and funny. Applegate is brave and fierce as a very angry woman who has every reason to be. You might find yourself liking characters that you want to see die in the next episode. Quite a ride.

• 5d ago

This series tries to hard. It doesn't want to be just a comedy, it doesn't want to be just a macabre drama. The end result is mess of ridiculous plot switches and red herrings. Netflix tries to make a humorous version of Bloodline and fails to deliver. It's a shame because Christina Applegate is at her best. This show made me long for Samantha Who because Applegate is a comedy treasure, but this show fails her. It fails us all.

• 5d ago

I watched this show on a whim, and it was incredible. The twist and turns in the plot really keep you hooked, it has some dry and black humor that really works, and of course the two leading ladies give some awesome performances. They should really be considered for some Emmy recognition 'cause you can tell they put a lot into their roles.

• Jun 10, 2019

Just happened to start watching this with my wife and WOW!!! Christina Applegate is absolutely amazing and Linda Cardellini is so creepy nice it's haunting. I never review things, but this is a MUST!!!

• Jun 09, 2019

Truly great show, nice sceneries, great story, great actors

Truly great show, nice sceneries, great story, great actors

• Jun 09, 2019

Well, that was not what I expected from the trailer. Unexpectedly engrossing, upsetting, heartwarming/wrenching tale of female relationships and how we can live with the unimaginable. Christina Applegate and Lisa Cardellini are great but are also supported superbly. Ten 22 minutes episodes make for tasty morsels but also a great binge. Bring wine.

• Jun 08, 2019

Eh...it started out interesting kinda...the actresses are good. But the overall story is kind of boring really.

• Jun 05, 2019

Amazing dark comedy. Definitely has a Dexter vibe. Every episode leaves you on the edge of your seat. Great story.

• Jun 05, 2019

Show really was interesting - Christina is amazing! My only complaint is to cut back on the swearing in, makes it hard to watch with kids in the house. She is professional real estate agent, but yet she talks like a bar fly. Besides the excessive offensive language, I really liked it!