Episodes (US): Season 3 Reviews

• Apr 06, 2018

Everything I already found questionable about Episodes' first and second season gets worse in the third. While the first season was lacking a clear storyline, does season three have too many stories at once. It's actually difficult to call them a storylines at this point at all, since they are rather a series of multiple events which do not seem to serve any specific point. Only the very last episode seems cohesive and exciting in itself. All in all the predictable and repetitive occurrences, paired with the introduction of yet again questionable come-on-too-strong characters result in a rather disappointing third season. Despite each episode having at least one joke that makes me pause the programme, so I can catch my breath again, it seem the screenwriters have exhausted their wit. How many more stories are they trying get out of Matt sleeping around with the "wrong women" and what dysfunctional character will they introduce in season four? I am about to find out soon.

• Apr 09, 2016

Season 3 is a bit of a let-down after the brilliant first two seasons. Not bad, overall, just uneven with many dead-end sub-plots. Worst of these is the story line involving the new studio head, Caster Soto. His entire story arc seems forced, farcical (in a bad way) and unfunny. It's as if the writers said "Hey, let's have this zany character with all these hangups" but then quickly ran out of ideas on how to make the character funny. The first half of the season also drags due to the Sean-Beverly relationship getting bogged down in melodrama. It become tedious very quickly. On the plus side, Carol gets more airtime, focus and comedic impact, and the effect is wonderful. Kathleen Rose Perkins is fantastic in the role, being able to be funny without necessarily even saying anything. Her gestures, expressions and body language are comedy gold.

• Jun 11, 2014

W/ the 3rd season, Episodes jumps the shark.

W/ the 3rd season, Episodes jumps the shark.

• Mar 22, 2014

It may not be really funny for a sitcom but the dilemma, plot build up, and characters were written with much skill that it transcends the need for laughs. Episodes may not be a real sitcom, but more of a drama with comedic subplots.

• Jan 21, 2014

I have loved the first two seasons of this show. The third season seems to have gone down hill. The show isn't as funny. The writing seems different as well as the cast of characters. The new boss on the show acts like he is crazy and he is not so good at it. He is not intresesting, likeable or complex. He is somewhat annoying and not funny. None of the scenes are shot with the other actors except one. So far this season is This season is boring and lackluster. Hopefully it will Improve as time passes. No need for the new cast members. Not so good. First two seasons set he bar high and so this season has been disappointing.

• Jan 20, 2014

Smart, well-acted and hilarious, Episodes is one of the most underrated shows of the decade.