Falling Water: Season 1 Reviews

• Mar 18, 2019

Another excellent example of a show the people likes but the critics hated. At this point I think we can pretty much ignore everything a professional critic says because they're mostly shilll souless, lying acks of human detritus. This was a solid series that suffered from poor marketing (more like non existant) and a saturated schedule.

• Mar 14, 2018

one of the best, but if ur looking for easy thing like teens stuff this isn't what u looking for cos it a bit puzzled and u have to put the pieces together like the Legion TV series

• Jan 27, 2018

Almost to the end of Season 1 and excited to see how it wraps up. Regardless, it's been a great ride. Not only are the leads great and the mood/atmosphere of the show eerily electric, but the ideas ... so well thought out! I would urge viewers to ignore the critics and give this a good shot. It's better than a lot of the shows and movies that examine dreams and what they might mean. The pacing can be slow, but it works and gives you some time to think about what you're seeing, which is so important when it comes to dreams. Don't most of us wish we could go into our dreams and spend a bit more time taking in the details?

• Jan 25, 2018

An incredibly original series that get side tracked a little but still has excellent cerebral depth. Fully deserves five stars.

• Jan 18, 2018

Watched the first 5 episodes of season one and it has been intriguing thus far.

Watched the first 5 episodes of season one and it has been intriguing thus far.

• Jan 07, 2018

I generally agree with the critics on RT, but they got this one WAY wrong. Falling Water is one of the most unique and enjoyable series o the last few years. I encourage everyone (with any intellect) to give this series a shot.

• Mar 09, 2017

What all the whinging about resolution or solution proves is that the audience, both professional and consumer, has been trained to expect closure. Falling Water doesn't do this. It provides you with jumping of points on subjects that we take for granted but might just benefit from paying closer attention to. Like a well formed Haiku, Falling Water leaves you to fill in the disjuncture with your own imagination and conjectures. It is, in a word, adult.

• Jan 23, 2017

Very very classy smart show about the future of lucid dreaming, Falling Water (fall 2016 USA Network) really pulls me in with sympathetic diverse characters, exceptionally intelligent dialogue, beautiful cinematography, deep psychological plotting, and crackling cultural references from art to philosophy (i get the obscure ones too, including Dr. Caligari and upstate NY's burned over district). I'm so relieved that the series was *not* as horror shock oriented as the pilot, crafted to no doubt catch attention. And I'm delighted that the characters became increasingly relationship oriented where no one is good or bad, only conflicted. The most obvious ingredient missing that the writers needed to showcase is real dream interpreting - how can you have a series about dreams with minimal symbolism that no one talks about? Symbolic interpreting is where life gets really poignant and interesting and mind-bending, not the traditional reliance on billionaire conspiracies and magic kids that everyone's looking for. Those features don't make the show good or bad, only familiar. Humanity is desperately confused as it evolves, and endless superhero memes are barely touching the real deep angst that we're all going through. This show has a historic shot at hitting the mark of everyone's thrill and torment at transcendent self-discovery, thus becoming the touchstone that the producers hoped for. Kudos to the dream study commissioned in tandem with the debut, that was a bold and brilliant step into the future! (see link here: http://www.usanetwork.com/fallingwater/blog/a-new-study-finds-why-some-of-us-may-dream-better-than-others) Thank you to everyone involved, because even if it never gets past one season Falling Water is a milestone to remember. Critics that dismiss this as just another "confuse them and they will come" Lost-knockoff are disappointingly missing the point, and I know I'm not the only one who knows the real score. Pleasant or not, dreams *mean* something important. Pleasant dreaming!

• Jan 16, 2017

Complex and absolutely confounding. The critics don't like it because the show doesn't provide any solid resolution, yet what they don't see, I do. The answers reside between what's real, and what's not; for how can there truly be resolution when dreams don't have one? That's what I like about this show: it feeds off the idea that everyone is apart of this big dream, and so the show plays out like a dream. It's confusing, yet there are hidden meanings; there is no true resolution, as dreams never resolve in a way that we (the dreamer) want them to; and characters act as if their real world IS a dream. No, it isn't perfect. But Falling Water sheds a light on how the unconscious mind works in a way that makes people think about their own dreams, which is no easy task.

• Dec 29, 2016

Interesting concept but the series does follow through on its promise.

Interesting concept but the series does follow through on its promise.