Fear the Walking Dead: Season 2 Reviews

• 5d ago

Well after watching the first 2 seasons I can tell that: white men are bad black men are cunning white women are good Hispanics need white people help to get things done

• Mar 26, 2019

First season was good, building up tension and developing story. I still cant form an opinion on this one. But second one.... This season managed to make zombie apocalypse both boring and stupid. Amount of nonsense, combined with exceptionally tedious writing, makes it a chore to watch thru. There is absolutely no tension in it, partially because zombies have been delegated to nothing more but background - they are kinda there, but they play no significant role. I can count number of times where they were real threat on fingers of one hand. And partially because interactions between different factions are extremely superficial. In addition to that a lot of events feel extremely forced, as if writers either were incapable, or couldnt be bothered to put any effort into writing. A lot of things just happen, even tho they make no sense. Like luring zombies out of hotel, that would require a lot of planning and extreme levels of coordination and could be setting of it own story arc, consisting of couple episodes. But no, they somehow managed it with a few people, couple of pans and practically no effort. And all the zombies then just disappeared, despite the fact that it has been shown that they cant drown and been drawn only about 100 meters from hotel. Hell, two episodes later, couple of idiots were sunbathing on that same beach. Madison is equivalent to Lori from original series. Contributes next to nothing, yet constantly bitches and demands. Her presentation as a leader is extremely unbelievable, especially considering presence of Victor. She shows zero leadership traits and her positioning is completely unbelievable, especially considering presence of Elena, who has been an actual hotel manager. Travis is...there. He kinda does things, but he seem to lack any personality. Nick started strong, but somehow lost everything that made him interesting fairly rapidly. Alicia is the only person that is worse than Madison. Completely useless character. She serves no purpose whatsoever. Does nothing. Contributes nothing. Takes space and resources, while giving nothing back. Ofelia is...erm...she is there. Chris is probably only character who is written in a manner that makes him believable. That he is a teenager in the middle of zombie apocalypse. With his struggles and changes as he developed as person in this new landscape. Daniel was interesting. Strong man who have seen the worst that humanity has to offer. Yet it was him and not Madison who completely broke down mentally. A complete and utter rubbish. Victor was great in first season, someone who could really lead this band. But he somehow broke down and seemingly never recovered after Tom death. Character was completely trashed and was written in completely absurd manner after that event, as his personality shift makes absolutely no sense, as he managed to show traits that simply cannot coexist. Luciana is probably the only female character that was likable. Strong, level-headed, reasonable and smart.

• Aug 19, 2018

I watched from day 1 of the series. The water aspect was definitely a different approach than the original show. It answered some questions about is t safer to live on the ocean? Definitely not the best of Fear but definitely not the worst of Fear either. It’s worth watching to see the different aspects of survival off the main land and to see how the characters mesh and learn about life in the ZA.

• Aug 13, 2018

First 2/3 of the season is lousy, but things finally pick up in the end. The pacing picks up, the character development improves. So far the first two seasons really feel like three or four seasons with random breaks that don't really fit the narrative.

• Apr 30, 2018

Madison is the most terrible character on the show. She's a liar, a BACKSTABBEr, a thief, a murderer. There is not a single redeemable characteristic about her. And she's the main character. What I don't understand is why other characters, ones with command presence and a shred of decentcy, put her in a position where she is allowed to make decisions for the many groups she has gotten killed. It makes absolutely no sense.

• Jan 28, 2018

I found this season more better than season one maybe because it adds more things to it fear the walking dead proves in the walking dead no one is safe from being killed and by characters changing in season some to bad this season improves season 1 10/10

• Dec 30, 2017

Now we get to the good, the bad and the ugly of the walking dead franchise. This season steps it up and overall is a great improvement on the first, but... The pointless mid season finale hinders this show. We have the predictable slow build up to a major event. This time the show takes so long that it just has characters, that seemed strong, snap. It is poor and lazy writing as we are still growing with characters and it is only done to sacrifice a character/s I honestly stopped watching this show after the mid season finale and only recently picked it back up due to promising word of mouth. The 2nd part of the season starts very slow 2 or 3 of the episodes are just people walking around in a very dusty environment...it does pick up and the inevitable build to the season cliffhanger is exciting and surprising. The show just needs to shed some weight. I think they could tell a much more focused story over 10 episodes that was tighter and better thought out. Overall this season improves on the last and although 3-4 episodes slow it down in the middle the beginning and the end are strong.

• Nov 29, 2017

Fear The Walking Dead presents us with a problematic season in relation to script, story and character development, although it presents, in technical terms, a high quality

• Oct 08, 2017

Welcome to Fear the Swimming Dead, where the cast of Modern Family continue to try to survive the zombie apocalypse. And guess what: They are on a boat! And nobody knows how to steer it! A season packed with adventure and hilarity. Picking up refugees right and left, they leave it to Lily to decide who stays or not, and she gives them impossible (but adorable) tasks to prove themselves. Among the guest stars: Dave Chappelle as a stranded baseball player, a very drunk Amy Schumer, and Mel Gibson as the sole survivor on an oil tanker pursued by pirates led by Tom Hardy. As TWD enters it feudalism/tribalism stage, it is a neat idea to start afresh, giving more back story to how the shufflers actually won. (The Usain Bolts in World War Z don`t count, do they?) A doomsday prepper`s wet dream, chaos erupting all over. When the military decided to use its resources to protect itself, that was chilling. So here we go: Every man for himself. But you can`t make it alone. Be careful who you trust. Exactly like the mothershow. Going down Mexico way, the country seems initially composed by bandits and religious nutters only. In this particular tv-universe it would of course be really offensive if it was portrayed as a safe haven - celebrating The Day of the Dead every day. It is also (mildly) interesting to see how Catholics struggle to fit the snarlers into their belief system. Not easy! The biggest surprise this season was that it also went on-shore, but the episodic structure was a bit hurried, like someone ticked of a box and said move on. One of the most contrived deaths occurs even when there is a man obviously willing to take care of the wounded victim. I just don`t buy it, even if it sets in motion a chain of events which take us to a denouement where you both wince and cheer. At least they didn`t get stuck on a farm. And the groaners are frightening again. That kamikaze hotel attack is pretty good. Even with the most unlikeable cast ever assembled, I guess I will stick with it and the third season. But, like a walker, I am in no hurry.

• Sep 27, 2017

I'm not sure I can make it through this season. I don't care about any of these characters... just walk in to the horde and become one of the walking dead.