GLOW: Season 1 Reviews

• 3d ago

This is one of the best tv shows I have ever watched, and I watch a lot of tv. The first few episodes start off a little slow but what the show lacks in hook greatly makes up for in content. The writers were absolutely genius and the actors really bring the script to life. GLOW has hit the perfect ratio of comedy and tragedy which is something I think most modern TV and movies miss by a long shot. I never felt that the comedy overshadowed or drew me out of the show, but it also wasn't too sad or depressing to watch. They have captured some of the most beautiful moments that leave you with chills. They have truly captured the the beauty and torture of self image, addiction, tortured love, depression, and fleeting happiness in a way that forces you to feel the characters emotions rather than just watching them from the sidelines.

• Aug 15, 2019

Unique refreshing ideas, with great costumes, stunts, and strong cast of diverse fun to watch strong women. Season 1 of GLOW was fun to (binge) watch!

• Aug 14, 2019

Alison Brie is great Marc Maron steals the show everytime he is on screen and the rest of the cast is good too , would absolutely recommend.

• Aug 09, 2019

What a show! Very positively impressed by this one! ALISON BRIE IS FUCKING AWESOME!

• Jul 15, 2019

Absolute must see for creative minds.

Absolute must see for creative minds.

• May 23, 2019

Unique premise, lots of interesting characters. I am a sucker for mid-late 20th century period pieces and this did not disappoint. I also like that you get to know more about each character throughout both seasons and even the most unlikable characters have layers to them. Definitely worth checking out.

• Jan 07, 2019

GLOW is feminism by force and cringe, and I love it. What really drives the show home for me, though, is the complexity of the characters and the cutthroat means by which they have to accomplish what they can with what they have.

• Jan 06, 2019

Utterly Brilliant, Interesting dynamics between characters and engaging from beginning to end.

• Dec 29, 2018

Love wrestling, and love this show! So retro!

Love wrestling, and love this show! So retro!

• Nov 04, 2018

Adorei esta série. Uma boa mistura de humor e drama, ainda por cima com wrestling feminino (um assunto único na TV). Vi a série num dia.