Generation Kill: Miniseries Reviews

• Aug 26, 2021

Mieux que band of brothers.

Mieux que band of brothers.

• Jun 23, 2021

Excellent series, well researched, beautiful immersion inside a group of Marines. No judgements, only attempts to depict reality as was lived by these brave men.

• Jun 14, 2021

Very engrossing. Sharp attention to detail and a presentation that feels so genuine it almost comes across like a documentary.

• Jun 10, 2021

HBO sure has a knack for making these great war documentary series. Found myself totally into this from episode 1. Unlike Band of Brothers and The Pacific, this is only 7 parts. Almost wish they made a few more, it was so good. That guy Person cracked me up. Knew a guy just like that in the Military. Kept us all loose when times got tough.

• Jun 09, 2021

this show was beautifully written, it shows the mindset of our young men when invading Iraq. as well as the complete incompetence of the US government. It also shows how much our young men saw, and how screwed up they were when they got home. sad it only ran for one season.

• Jun 06, 2021

Amazing series. It is very realistic. It doesn't try to be better than what these people were in real life. Might be dull at times, but its as realistic as they come. From idiotic leadership to the almost racist things they say. Its 100% accurate in portraying the infantry in the Marines or Army.

• Feb 01, 2021

Realistic, vulgar and thought-provoking, Generation Kill is a gritty portrayal of the first few days of the Iraq War that successfully tosses the glamorous conventions of heroes and epic battles for the appropriate task of bringing modern audiences into the throes of a 21st-century war.

• May 11, 2019

This series portrays the marines as a bunch of culturally ignorant morons. It is well made and quite gripping but the stupidity of the men portrayed is really annoying. They really could not have been as bad as this would have us believe.

• Feb 07, 2019

this is one of those things you watch that sticks with you for a long time after great acting good camera work, feels like watching combat footage historically accurate some episodes have slow parts, sometimes the following scenes dont feel like a good payoff for what was shown good effects surprisingly nice character development great series to watch over and over again

• Dec 24, 2017

Best military show ever. Supposedly as close to real life as you can get.

Best military show ever. Supposedly as close to real life as you can get.